First post

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Chrissy73

First post

Postby Chrissy73 » Wed May 25, 2016 4:29 pm

You can surround yourself with numerous people but yet still feel so alone and scared.
"Scared" pretty much sums up my life.
I have had therapy, and hypnotherapy, and I have read numerous books about techniques to ease the anxiety. But every time my anxiety worsens (currently due to loosing my beloved mum a short while ago) I get so scared that I have to go through it all again, and maybe this time I won't have the strength to overcome the problems that arise for me when my anxiety is constant.
I have never spoken to anyone who suffers with anxiety or depression, I've watched celebrities bravely admit to their mental health issues on tv, and found myself wanting to be able to interact with people who understand, so here I am..

Win7

Postby Win7 » Wed May 25, 2016 6:35 pm

Hi Chrissy

I too suffer from both. Currently it seems for me my anxiety is more problematic. It hits me hard like a hammer and then eases over time. But it always returns. I have decided to talk to a doctor again mine. To go back on medication. Im not proud to use it but im also not ashamed of it either.

Chrissy73

Postby Chrissy73 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:57 am

Hi Win,
And in those precious moments, weeks, months where the anxiety eases do you too worry how long you've got before the hammer returns?
I too am not ashamed, medication doesn't work for me, I guess I know with me the power is in my hands/head, but sometimes I'm not strong enough to continually convince myself it's ok to go outside, I'm not going to have an anxiety/panic attack, and worrying this will happen just spurs it on.
You say you may go back on medication, can I ask why you came off in the first place?

Win7

Postby Win7 » Thu May 26, 2016 8:38 am

Hi Chrissy

When its not effecting me I tend to be foolish enough to think its not so bad and not really think about it. Perhaps it's me being optimistic ? I dont know. A source of relief from my anxiety ( and ironically a cause of it as well ) are my 2 dogs that mean the world to me. They help me stay calm when I am home and I tend to worry alot about them when I am away.
There are different medications for anxiety and people can have diffrent results with different ones. Perhaps you can try another one ?
I took a nrw job that did not offer health insurance at first and could not afford the dr visits and the medication on my own. I have been told that there is a chance that going on / off this type of medication can have a result of it not being effective the next time. I am concerened about that but also part of me thinks that this is just an effort to convince people to become lifetime users of the medication for financial gain.

Chrissy73

Postby Chrissy73 » Thu May 26, 2016 11:49 am

Optimism is good, cling on to that! I can relate to that, I also have a dog who i adore, I'm sorry to hear it distresses you to leave them, I assume it's not just for a few hours a time?
I have tried two different types of medication, both just added to my symptoms, paranoia, headaches, fatigue etc but I am being a little naive to automatically assume all the others would be the same.
I am from England, where we currently have NHS, and i realise how fortunate we are to not have to pay to visit the doctor or for medication. To think that people who genuinely need support and medication can't get it because of the cost is, quite frankly, disgusting

Win7

Postby Win7 » Thu May 26, 2016 2:56 pm

Please consider talking to your doctor about othe medications that might work for you. You owe it to yourself ! When I am at work is when I tend to worry about my dogs. " Are they ok ? " Is the thought that haunts me. I use to work closer to home and I would go home on my lunch to check on them. Especially if I was having a bad day, seeing them would cheer me up some.

I live in the U.S. ( Atlanta ) health care costs here can be overwhelming. The current president has implemented what is called affordable health care for people like me, but the truth of it is ( or at least my experience ). It doesnt work. Im fortunate to have access to insurance once again.

Chrissy73

Postby Chrissy73 » Thu May 26, 2016 3:52 pm

I will, I know they help a lot of people, I just need to give myself time to grieve my mum first, which I think is feeding my anxiety.
I understand being able to pop home and see your dogs at lunch times would've given you comfort on bad days. You say you constantly wonder if they're "ok" has there ever been a reason when they haven't been, or more a case of you wish you didn't have to leave them for so long?
What is affordable to one person isn't necessarily affordable to another! I'm glad you now have insurance. Maybe if Donald Trump (who is frequently on our news) gets into power things will change once again for you, for the better or maybe for the worse!

Win7

Postby Win7 » Thu May 26, 2016 7:50 pm

Im very sorry about your mother. Were the two of you close ? Both of my parents have past some time ago. I felt that I got to say all I wanted to with them, that helps some. I have an older brother that I visit on occasion. He is married and has two children. Thats the family I have left. And of course there are Ender and Liz ( my two dogs ).
Quite honesty I am not so sure why I worry about them the way I do. They have always been ok when im not here. I just worry alot. About alot of things really.
I am not sure who will be the best choice for president will be for the U.S. Perhaps Trump.

Chrissy73

Postby Chrissy73 » Fri May 27, 2016 5:56 pm

Thank you, yes very close. I myself am a mother, but when I've had really low points I've felt like a child again who instantly runs to their mum for support, and she was always there for me.
I'm sorry to hear you have lost your parents, I now understand how your dogs must give you a lot of comfort.
Don't you think we waste so much time worrying, and the vast majority of things are pointless, and yet we can't stop it?

Win7

Postby Win7 » Sun May 29, 2016 10:44 pm

Hi Chrissy

I sent you PM

defeated

Postby defeated » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:01 pm

Hey Chrissy,

Welcome to the forum, I'm glad you're here to seek support. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope things get better for you soon. *hugs*

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”