Pain Mitigation

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Pain Mitigation

Postby CitM » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:48 pm

It is ironic that mental health is not treated as the number one medical crisis of the current world. It should be.

Our person-hood is not connected so much to the body we have as it is to the spirit of ourselves. Given that, I'm often told that people are suffering adversely from physical pain or mental pain that has gone 'physical' because for many people, they have forgotten that what is going on in their head, does not have to manifest into a physical body.

The minute, you realize that what pain you feel and how it is expressed in your physical body may be a misunderstanding of the mind/person/body connection, and that person-hood or consciousness as it were, has a lot less in common with the physical aspects of your mind and body than you believe, you are on the road to a much happier and less painful future.

Yes, there is pain, but it does not last as long as many people believe. If it did a lot of people's nerves would be dead and gone along with other complications of that.

defeated

Postby defeated » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:31 am

Hey CITM :)

Its nice to see you on the forum <3

I completely agree that mental health should be priority today. It is odd that it is not.

I understand what you mean, I think... That really our mind contributes and sometimes can even cause physical effects. As someone who deals with chronic pain in both sense, I sometimes wish that I could separate the two and one not effect the other. Or at least not make it worse.

Never really thought about it tbh, thanks for your view on this.

*hugs*

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”