Looking for help with my cognitive behavioral therapy

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

karolanne

Looking for help with my cognitive behavioral therapy

Postby karolanne » Thu May 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Hey folks,

I'm doing a cognitive behavioral therapy. In my book, they say that if I'm struggling too much to achieve a homework, I can get the help of a therapist. Since I can't afford a therapist, I was hoping to find someone here that can help me.

Right now, I'm trying to do a self-concept inventory and build an accurate self-assessment. To do that, I had to write down every words or phrases I could to describe myself in 8 differents areas. Check.

Then, I had to seperate positives and negatives judgments on different sheets. Check.

Then, I had to make sure that all negatives judgments I have about myself are positively expressed instead of being expressed like self-attacks. This is where I'm stuck for weeks now. It seems that I have such a low self-esteem that I can't turn my negatives weaknesses in a productive way to see it. I mean most of the time, when I succeed to rewrite one of my negatives judgements, it's to realise later that I re-wrote it with defferent words, but still very negative.

There's a pretty long list. So, this is something that could be make by chatting. So, if one of you can and want to help me, just let me know.

Take care everyone.

karolanne

no_answer

Postby no_answer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:12 pm

Judging yourself negatively sounds like a positive thing to me. Humility is a positive trait. You are not a "successful" self-important narcissist impossible to be around. Plus, you are trying to be more positive and balanced about yourself. Do that, but never loose humility.

sadallthetime

Looking for Help with my Cognitive Behavioral Therapy

Postby sadallthetime » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:40 pm

I wish I could help you. Yes, we are supposed to change our negative thoughts to positive. However, when I do that, I don't even believe the positive thought, nor do I think it carries over into my miserable, pathetic life. I really don't know how much longer I can take this. People on these forums offer many "helpful" platitudes that they think can help, but they don't.

:(

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”