Don't know if I am up or down

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

metal bear

Postby metal bear » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:52 pm

And the difference one day can make, today I have split up with my wife and went back to stay with my mum for a wee while, I don't know if I made the right decision as in one hand she was really supportive but in the other hand things just were not going very well and I think I needed to get away, I just hope I have made the right decision , really don't know how I feel right now, just so empty :(

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:53 pm

Oh I'm sorry :(
Try and stay strong, I know it's easier said than done, but I know you are strong deep inside.

I know how that feels; I feel empty most of the time.

(((Hugs)))

Frame

Postby Frame » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:06 pm

Emptiness can be very disturbing, bear, so try to take it only a bit at a time. It's important to seek friendship and joy. It's essential actually.

Emptiness is not a bad thing. It brings wisdom with it. But it can be very unsettling and we need to be prepared. Most of us can only take it in small doses. So, please don't feel like you need to suffer. Your decision wasn't right or wrong. It will have consequences, joyful or painful, l but you don't need to deepen sorrow with worry. Try to do something you like. Please.

metal bear

Postby metal bear » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:09 pm

Thanks for the reply folks, still trying to stay positive or I will be back to square one.

Once again thank you :)

CrazyLady17

Postby CrazyLady17 » Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:11 pm

Welcome anytime.

That's good to hear; made me smile.
Keep strong!
I believe in you, you CAN stay positive, keep telling yourself that.
Am proud of you. And you should be proud of yourself too.

metal bear

Postby metal bear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:08 pm

Right, thought I may return to the forum after a couple of weeks, starting to get myself back in order the last couple days after letting myself down with going back to gambling and drinking kinda more heavily so ive fell a wee bit behind at college and missed the deadline for my uni application, but im picking myself back up and started to get a good support network of friends around me again for the first time in years.

Frame

Postby Frame » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:51 pm

So important, bear; networks. For all my talk of avoiding isolation, I've really been letting myself down in that department. Kudos to you.

I wonder if there is any safer type of risky behavior, that won't loose you money or have you missing classes. What's your major by the way?

metal bear

Postby metal bear » Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:57 pm

Im doing business, I need to buck up my ideas or I will fail that, end up ill with the drinking as I am type 1 diabetic and get further down with the gambling, so I am going to give my self a kick up the backside now ive had my time the last couple of weeks for a blow out now the step back up.

Try and keep your chin up with the isolation, you can beat it!

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”