My future roommate won't come

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

karolanne

My future roommate won't come

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:12 am

Hi folks,

FOr those who followed my story, you know that I don't have enough money to pay my rent. I putted some adds to find someone to take the rest of the contract with my landlord or for a roommate. Then, I found a roommate. She came to visit with her dad and they stayed 2 hours to talk with me. She sent me an email to tell that she'll move in on Sept 28. Then, she came to visit with her mom and sister. Yesterday, I sent her an email to ask at what time she'll arrive and I got her reply this morning. Her email started with : I don't know how to tell you this...

She knows since last week, after her visit with her mom and sister that she won't come anymore. But because she didn't know how to tell me, she said nothing!!!

That puts me in real trouble. In a week, I could have find someone else, but now...

At first, when I read her email, I was about to cry. Then, I though about puppy doe and I told to myself what's happening to me is nothing, NOTHING.

I get back on the horse, I putted my adds back. I will fight. Because of all of you who read me and put comments, it give me strengh to fight.

Thanks everyone!

Frame

Postby Frame » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am

When people commit, they start to find reasons why they made the right decision as opposed to the wrong decision. So if you can, get a deposit before they leave. You can tell them you think they are the best choice but you can't hold the apt for them without a deposit and that someone may be else is coming to see it later on. Often, even if they leave to discuss it alone, they talk themselves into it rather than out of it and they come back with the deposit.

Frame

Postby Frame » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:28 am

Oh and keep up the good work.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:57 am

Nice idea about the deposit. Thanks!

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:40 pm

Ok, I just hitted the ground. It's like I just realised the impact on my financial situation of the roomates not coming for Oct 1st.

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:29 pm

karolanne heres to hoping you find another roommate by then. In the mean time you might want to call around, local charities, churches. And see if anyone knows of an organization to help you with your rent. This way you have a plan ahead of time. hang in there.

karolanne

Postby karolanne » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:37 pm

Hi hollyann

I already looked for an organism to help me with my rent and I found nothing...

Right now, I just want to binge eat. The only thing I feel is a deep sadness. I try to listen to my body and find out how it feels, but I jsut feel the sadness.

I will survive. It's just another wall to jump...

Take care.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”