I need to go to the doctors, but...

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Hayzell

I need to go to the doctors, but...

Postby Hayzell » Tue May 01, 2012 4:36 pm

So, I haven't had a period so far in 2012. I took two pregnancy tests in Feb that both came back negative so for the most part I'm assuming pregnancy isn't the issue here. Though I guess it is still a small possibility.

Stupidly I went searching for answers on the internet (I know, really shouldn't do that because it just winds me up) but surprisingly found what I hope is the reason for the lack of menstruation - stress.

I know that nobody is allowed to claim medical expertise or something like that, but I was wondering if anyone has been in a similar position where their moods have affected their cycles like this and if it's a common/probable thing?

As far as my boyfriend is concerned, he saw the negative pregnancy tests so his mind is at ease on the pregnancy front but he still wants me to go to the doctor. But going to the doctor causes me anxiety like you wouldn't believe - making appointments, keeping them, weeing in little pots, having blood taken... If I go through with all that only to find out that stress is the cause, I'll have been taken to a mental breaking point and back for pretty much no reason.

Any thoughts?

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”