Next Step? Help.

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

mellion

Next Step? Help.

Postby mellion » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:37 pm

Hi, I have battled depression, anxiety, OCD and panic attacks for 15 yrs. If I were to diagnose myself, I would add borderline personality disorder and PTSD.
I have been on several different meds and recieved various forms of therapy. I am currently seeing a psychiatrist but it isn't helping.
I have 3 different chronic illnesses which very much contribute to the depression.
I have been getting worse for the past six months, worse then ever before in 15 yrs and I feel I may be headed for a crisis which I am desperate to avoid.

I live in a secluded area of Ontario with little resources, and feel overwhelmed with trying to deal with both physical and mental issues here. I wonder if there is a inpatient program in Ontario that I can get in to where I can get help for the 'whole' me.

I currently do not have a family doctor(they don't stay here very long), nor are there any walk in clinics within 400km. ;)
I am female, in my late 30's with no drug/alcohol addictions.
Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks
Mel

Obayan

Postby Obayan » Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:56 pm

Hi mellion. I'm not sure how things work in ontario, but here, you can call any ER and get the name, address and number of the nearest free clinic. I am not sure what resources are available other than that. Might want to ask the ER when you call them. We also have a chat room associated here with Depression Understood if you need imediate peer support.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”