Rock bottom

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Tue Nov 17, 2009 5:19 pm

big hug back to you, ((((((((((((shatteredhopes)))))))))))))) , hope you had a better day too. today i saw a rainbow which made me smile. i am trying to pay attention to every tiny positive thing i see or do, it was a wise tip i was given, i write them down in my diary. yesterday i saw a HUGE bunch of balloons all tied together blowing in the wind, probably escaped from a party, well they were blowing right into the road and i thought - someone's gonna run right over them and pop them and have a heart attack - besides, my inner child loves balloons, so i picked them up, so there i was walking down the road with them and these kids on the other side of the road were shouting "BALLOONS!!!! look mummy look!' and i thought, well they will enjoy them far more than i will so i crossed the road and gave them to them, the boy tied them to his scooter and they carried on riding down the road with them, so excited, it made me pleased to see how happy i had made them

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:39 am

Lisa - that's a great sign that you were able to take pleasure in something. I'm so happy that your head is slightly above water right now. I am definitely going to get that Women's Comfort Book. I will order it off Amazon today. Thanks for recommending it. I definitely need help in learning what to do to comfort myself so perhaps I can move away from being destructive. Wishing you many bright spots in your day today *hugs* Mich.

xn728

lovely

Postby xn728 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:44 pm

those kids faces lit up when they got those balloons i bet ,and yours did to lisa,i hope you get a break from the dark soon ,i know its pretty bad for you just now , stay safe,,,,,,,,,,,,,,ken

terrytunes1958

So much hope for you Lisa Lou

Postby terrytunes1958 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 11:37 am

Hi Lisa Lou, I have been reading your story and all the wonderful replies and just wanted to add my bit with of course hoping it helps. I was in the dark side many years ago to the point that I could not function was forced to be hospitalized.
It took a long time before medication worked and when it finally did to the point where I could at least go out in public again, I was a lethargic zombie, with no highs, no lows, a totally empty feeling. I gained tons of weight and searched for better ways.
I found some natural ways with exercise and nutrition that totally got me off my medication in 1994 and I am still med free today.
My starting point was just forcing myself into an exercise program. It wasn't easy, but little by little I started to feel more upbeat. Eating better and taking supplements like St. John's Wort and Ginkgo Biloba helped as well.
I just wanted to post this to let you know there is hope of feeling great again, and you don't have to be dragged down with medication. I sincerely hope you start feeling like you are conquering the world very soon. God bless,

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:42 am

Lisa - You have been gone for a long time. I hope everything is alright. I worry about you and you are missed.

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:01 pm

( 1 ) You are not evil. I've met a genuinely evil person, ( A neo-Nazi, who stood in front of me, and told me quite quietly and clearly that as far as he was concerned, the problem with the Holocaust wasn't that Hitler murdered six million Jewish people, but that he didn't kill all the Jewish people. ) so I know evil when I feel it near me. And, you ain't it!
( 2 ) I remember having a bad weekend, where it was only the thought of seeing my GP the next day and telling her exactly how bad I felt that kept me hanging on to life by my fingernails. Please hold on just a little while longer! I couldn't even imagine ever feeling better or different, but here, today, at least in this moment, I do. Please, please, please, hang on! If you're like I was you may well feel better once you get some support.
( 3 ) You arenot a bad person!
( 4 ) YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON!
( Not that I'm one to repeat myself................)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:03 pm

( 1 ) You are not evil. I've met a genuinely evil person, ( A neo-Nazi, who stood in front of me, and told me quite quietly and clearly that as far as he was concerned, the problem with the Holocaust wasn't that Hitler murdered six million Jewish people, but that he didn't kill all the Jewish people. ) so I know evil when I feel it near me. And, you ain't it!
( 2 ) I remember having a bad weekend, where it was only the thought of seeing my GP the next day and telling her exactly how bad I felt that kept me hanging on to life by my fingernails. Please hold on just a little while longer! I couldn't even imagine ever feeling better or different, but here, today, at least in this moment, I do. Please, please, please, hang on! If you're like I was you may well feel better once you get some support.
( 3 ) You arenot a bad person!
( 4 ) YOU ARE NOT A BAD PERSON!
( Not that I'm one to repeat myself................)

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:07 pm

Sorry, I'm not sure how I posted my last post twice. ( Sigh, I hate Technology! )

crybaby1086

Postby crybaby1086 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:43 pm

((((Lisa)))) How are you doing?

xn728

bless

Postby xn728 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 pm

dear lisa ,bless you hope your ok ,just resting i hope ,my thought go out to you and mark ,,,,,ken

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”