Nighttime Ramblings

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

crosschord

Nighttime Ramblings

Postby crosschord » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:03 pm

I don't want to move back home.

But right now, as I sit here in my apartment and think about the bills and my student loans and having to pay my friend back for San Fransisco and groceries and all that crap, it freaks me out because it's money I don't have and I don't know where I'll get it from.

I just moved in and I don't want to leave so soon. But I don't want to ask my parents for money because they don't have much either and they're already helping me with some bills.

Plus, if I go to them and admit that I'm having a hard time handling this, then it just proves that once again I'm a failure. For the first time in my life I thought things were going well, but once again it looks like nothing goes right.

xn728

your no failure

Postby xn728 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 3:01 am

welcome to the forum my freind ,im not gonna say a lot here ,not 100 p.cent at the moment ,but listen ,your parents were at one time in there lives were you are now ,along with all us ,your no failure ,and the fact that you found your way here make you very special indeed ,look with your mind for once instead of your eyes ,,,,,,xn728 ,,we are all students in this life,and you will learn to survive ,everyday you grow wiser,,,

Warmsoul/Jeanie13

Postby Warmsoul/Jeanie13 » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:21 am

((((((((((((((( crosschord ))))))))))))))))))

Just a hug, hope that's all right.

look with your mind for once instead of your eyes ,,,,,, ,,we are all students in this life,and you will learn to survive ,everyday you grow wiser,,,

Wonderful suggestion from you ((((((((((( Ken )))))))))))))))

Warmie

shatteredhopes

Postby shatteredhopes » Sat Nov 07, 2009 6:35 am

I know very well how financial problems can feed depression. 1 in 6 people in the U.S. is now in poverty. You are not alone.

Are you up for a little extra work? If you are, check craigslist for internet work...there are small ways to earn a little money over the internet...do you have anything you can sell on e-bay?...if you aren't up for that, I understand completely.

One thing that helps me, is gratitude. When I have no money, no light bulbs, no toilet paper, I try to remember what I DO HAVE, like hot water, a computer and internet service, a roof over my head when so many don't. I know its hard, but at least for me I try to focus on what I have left, not what I don't have or what I lost. I've sorta gotten used to the financial woes. Somehow, I survive. I may not be able to go the grocer and get whatever I want, but I have food to eat. So many don't. So I try to be grateful. It keeps me from self-harm.

You are young and you just moved out. Please don't be so hard on yourself that you are struggling right now. Most people do when they first get out on their own. YOU ARE NOT A FAILURE, you are a trooper who is spreading their wings and trying to make a go of it...be proud of yourself for the attempt.

I hope it works out for you and you find some light in your day...

crosschord

Postby crosschord » Mon Nov 09, 2009 2:22 am

I've tried selling things, but no one is buying. My current job is so draining and I want to do things, like work on personal projects and/or things to try and sell, but it's hard to motivate myself.

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:49 am

Others have left so many wise words here....and words fail me right now due to depression. I just wanted you to know that I am reading and sending you many well wishes. You are not a failure and you will get through this.

bradleyg

Postby bradleyg » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:58 pm

You are not a failure.
Being in debt is common and feelings of hopelessness even more so.
I am in some debt myself right now, combined with depression cna make you feel quite horrible.
Remember that no matter what your life situation-
you are not a failure.
That's an awfully harsh way to judge yourself. Certainly you have to have some good qualities and accomplishments.

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”