Depressed about overweight

Everyday life. How was your day?

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Haybell

Depressed about overweight

Postby Haybell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 4:25 am

Hi, I am a fifty year old from Canada. My weight had begun to creep up when I was 25, after giving birth to my daughter. I tried several techniques to reduce weight, but I got heavier each decade. I've never been one for sport or exercise and have had a sedentary office job my whole life.
I tried combining dieting with going to the gym and went on various slimming programs, but nothing worked. Eventually, I came to know about gastric bypass surgery. The surgery is scheduled for next week. As I am living alone, there is nobody to look after me after the surgery. My best friend told me that there are post surgery rehabilitation services available in Burlington and she had asked me to try that out.
I would like to know more about these services. Is there anybody over here who can provide me details regarding this?

JackieJ

Re: Depressed about overweight

Postby JackieJ » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:29 am

I don't have any personal experience to be able to answer your questions. I am so sorry to hear of your challenges with weight loss. I pray that your surgery goes well and that it will results in the changes that you are hoping to make.

lisamarieh

Re: Depressed about overweight

Postby lisamarieh » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:46 am

Good luck for the op, at least you’ll feel better when the weight starts to fall off. Try another more local forum to get someone who can help during your recovery, there are lots of kind souls out there xxx

Return to “Living with Depression and other Related Health Concerns”