A drop in the ocean

Members' personal profiles.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Lucid

A drop in the ocean

Postby Lucid » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:18 pm

Hi everyone,

I've already contributed to the forum, but haven't shared much about my life until now. I'm quite shy and introverted by nature, but this forum
has inspired me to step outside my comfort zone and lend support to fellow travellers out there.

I'm sure I'm not alone here, but I've always found life to be rather a
hard struggle. I was an extremely sensitive and tender-hearted child,
but I took some knocks along the way and had to toughen up.

Like many others, I've had problems to deal with along the way: a learning difficulty, gender identity issues, school bullying, a suicide attempt and years of bad Freudian therapy as a child.

I'll admit that I'm a flawed, mixed up human being. I get very depressed,
but there is much to be grateful for. I don't have any answers, but I feel that we're all here to learn and to grow and to spread some kindness; even if it's a small drop in the ocean.

Best wishes,

Lucid

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi Lucid, Thanks for contributing and sharing some about yourself. I'm glad you are learning to step outside your comfort zone.

It sounds like you've been through alot and its relly good that you are able to look at things the way you do in spite of it all.

hollyann

Lucid

things get better

Postby Lucid » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:41 am

Thanks for the support and encouragement.

Life is about changing, adapting and learning. As humans, we're always having to learn, unlearn and relearn. We can make it easier on ourselves by being open and flexible; letting go of rigid, black and white thinking.
I'm working on changing my mindset in this way. It's easier said than done,
I know. However, we often make progress in small steps and remembering how far we have come is important.

Lani

Postby Lani » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:09 pm

Thanks Lucid, if you ever want to talk, you can do. I've had similar issues to the ones you've listed.

Return to “Profiles”