Wife has Depression /Anxiety

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

JJMoonknight

Wife has Depression /Anxiety

Postby JJMoonknight » Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:12 pm

My wife (of 20 years) has been battling with Depression and Anxiety for many years. The last year has been particularly difficult for her and therefore me.
She seems to be resistant to the meds they have tried and she has zero interest in ECT. I feel like I am as supportive a husband as there is......but it does drain me.
How do others cope?

MarcRiddick

Re: Wife has Depression /Anxiety

Postby MarcRiddick » Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:50 am

Get a dog or a cat in the family. That really helps turn up the mood in the house. She will feel better. Do yoga and meditation with her. Make her choose a hobby. Let her engage in something that keeps her mind off of her condition. That will help.

lilpossum

Postby lilpossum » Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:12 am

Get a pet animal. Become submersed in the outdoors. Stop thinking so much about your place in the world. You serve a purpose but that doesnt mean you re a god. You re a person. A kindof experimental person that is capable of being nice. Be nice. Enjoy der only life you got. Go out. Get a drink. Compliment a rando. Be positively accepting.

( :
Love life.

Everything you are capable of you are capable of cas of life.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 11:44 am

JJMoonknight wrote:My wife (of 20 years) has been battling with Depression and Anxiety for many years. The last year has been particularly difficult for her and therefore me.
She seems to be resistant to the meds they have tried and she has zero interest in ECT. I feel like I am as supportive a husband as there is......but it does drain me.
How do others cope?

Coping with the situation will not change it. You have to be determined and go for answers. You need to get her to see the doctor too.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”