Depressed EX

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Leafie

Depressed EX

Postby Leafie » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:57 am

(sorry if this doesnt have proper punctuation and upcase letters, the computer im using has broken keys)

hi, my name is leafie and ive been dating someone who I shall call z for around 4 months. z is younger then me, and recently he decided to break our relationship up. he said that he was too young to date, and wasnt ready for a relationship. he still wanted to be friends, so i took it lightly. but recently he has been avoiding me and my friends. one of my friends showed me a picture of his snapchat story, where he was talking about another girl he likes. i got so depressed, because he lied to me. then z blocked me and my friends on snapchat, and ignored us in passing time. i tried talking to him last night, and he said he is distancing himself from me and my friend because he doesnt want to expose us to the violence he causes. i tried to help him, but he got offline. my friend who is in his classes says he has been more depressed then usual lately. i know that z and i both had depression, because we worked together on it, and i miss him greatly. i dont know if he is lying about why he stopped talking to us, but me and my other friends are getting worried because he is very suicidal.

can i have any suggestions? and sorry if this was painful to read, this school desktop has a broken shift key and such.

jennypa

Re: Depressed EX

Postby jennypa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:59 pm

Hi leafie,
I know how you feel, because I have been there. But no worries, because just like in a famous saying I always loved to hear was, "If your BOYFRIEND won't wait for you, your HUSBAND will." Think about it, is Z really worth all that crying? Like they used to tell me, "If they (Z) won't cry for you, then he's not worth crying for either."
You are a lot stronger than you think. You can find someone better who will care for you, who will catch your tears when you need him to.

Go forward with your life leafie and shine forth.

jennypa

CamilaWillaims

Postby CamilaWillaims » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 am

Exactly leafie,
You are strong and don't think too much it will hurt you so stop thinking and be positive.All the best dear.

Prycejosh1987

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:14 pm

Leafie wrote:(sorry if this doesnt have proper punctuation and upcase letters, the computer im using has broken keys)

hi, my name is leafie and ive been dating someone who I shall call z for around 4 months. z is younger then me, and recently he decided to break our relationship up. he said that he was too young to date, and wasnt ready for a relationship. he still wanted to be friends, so i took it lightly. but recently he has been avoiding me and my friends. one of my friends showed me a picture of his snapchat story, where he was talking about another girl he likes. i got so depressed, because he lied to me. then z blocked me and my friends on snapchat, and ignored us in passing time. i tried talking to him last night, and he said he is distancing himself from me and my friend because he doesnt want to expose us to the violence he causes. i tried to help him, but he got offline. my friend who is in his classes says he has been more depressed then usual lately. i know that z and i both had depression, because we worked together on it, and i miss him greatly. i dont know if he is lying about why he stopped talking to us, but me and my other friends are getting worried because he is very suicidal.

can i have any suggestions? and sorry if this was painful to read, this school desktop has a broken shift key and such.

Unfortunately you have to take it on the chin. You might have to find another partner i am sorry. He doesnt believe that the woman shouldnt be older in the relationship. Its his prerogative. You have to accept it and let him go. However i do think you can make the friendship work and take it from there. It might blossom again. Take charge of this relationship and be there for him in anyway you can, suicidal people do not see a light at the end of the tunnel. But its there, you need to help him to see that.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”