Should I send my daughter to inpatient program?

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LisaS

Should I send my daughter to inpatient program?

Postby LisaS » Sat Mar 17, 2018 3:18 am

My daughter's counselor just recommended we send her to inpatient program at a drug and alcohol center. I knew she had experimented with a lot of things, but I really didn't realize she was drinking so much/often. She suffers from genetic (from me) mood disorders and extreme anxiety. Should I send her to the D&A treatment facility? Will her mental health be okay in there? Any advice, cautionary tales, or ideas?

jennypa

Re: Should I send my daughter to inpatient program?

Postby jennypa » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:06 pm

Hi LisaS,
I know how devastating it must feel for you to send your daughter to be sent to a facility for help. But she will get all the needed help there. Her counselor is there to counsel what is best for your daughter. I was sent in a mental facility, and I definitely got my needed help. But keep in mind, that she will need you to visit her often, because that's what I needed the most is for my loved ones to keep on visiting me and bring me goodies.

Hope this help you with your decision.
jennypa

Prycejosh1987

Re: Should I send my daughter to inpatient program?

Postby Prycejosh1987 » Fri Jun 05, 2020 12:25 pm

LisaS wrote:My daughter's counselor just recommended we send her to inpatient program at a drug and alcohol center. I knew she had experimented with a lot of things, but I really didn't realize she was drinking so much/often. She suffers from genetic (from me) mood disorders and extreme anxiety. Should I send her to the D&A treatment facility? Will her mental health be okay in there? Any advice, cautionary tales, or ideas?

Go ahead and send her to this place, she will be in a better place mentally when its over and she will start to get back her life. Good luck. Im sure they are equipped to dealing with these issues and all the issues that come with it. Good luck.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”