Improving Relationships

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

CitM

Improving Relationships

Postby CitM » Fri May 15, 2015 1:32 pm

There are always three people in every relationship, you, the other person, and the combination of the two, which also can set the tone of the environment.

In order to improve at least two out of the three and thus make yourself better it is important to 'own' your own behavior that adds to the less than it can be and stress on yourself and the both of you together.

It might not even be a lot of stuff if the other person is really sick. But for myself as an example, there are three things I'm going to change and am changing.

1. Take responsibility for the organization and cleanliness of the house, my office and work spaces.

2. Be on time and prepared for activities on which other people are also involved in.

3. Live in the moment. Deal with what is going on in the moment and it will set up a more positive next moment.

4. I am loved and I am loving and I'm going to express that part of myself well. As for anger, living in the moment and dealing with what is going on as it is happening will go a long way in making the choices that leads away from extremely negative results.

5. And last, I will take care of myself and stay healthy so that I am not a burden and a distraction for as long as possible in my children's future. Health is the best thing to give yourself and your family.

So what are you working on?

leenabrit

Postby leenabrit » Sat Jul 18, 2015 4:00 am

The points you define is very nice and helpful to make relationship healthy.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”