What is she doing?

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

A3R0

What is she doing?

Postby A3R0 » Sat Jun 28, 2014 4:25 pm

I have this friend. she's 13 and over the past 2 months she's been through rough time after rough time. As a result she's fallen into a very deep depression. I've actually stopped her from using drugs that she was planning on smoking.

One day we got to talking and all of a sudden she starts talking about some thing she's been doing that's keeping her in this world and i'm just trying to figure out what it is to see if it's dangerous or not. Unfortunately i'm not smart enough to solve the riddle so i'm asking you all for help.
She keeps giving me little hints as to what it is but i just can't piece it all together.

She tells me that this secret is the only thing that keeps her going but also what makes her want to leave forever. So it's something that helps and hurts her.

She says she doesn't want to tell anyone because she believes it would completely change how people felt about her for the worse (including me apparently)

She keeps saying the pain is worth it which has me worried. She also keeps saying that this secret of hers is all she has.

She says that if people found out she'd be throw out of her church in a heartbeat. I asked her if the secret pertains to a person and she said "somewhat, it could be specific or nonspecific however you think about it"
I don't know if it's related but she's having an audition that she doesn't want me to know about.

During the whole time she was going through a rough patch, I was there helping her. Whenever she started to get a panic attack i helped her calm down. At night i used to make her laugh and forget everything that happened. But then a few weeks ago she completely cuts me off and to this day is avoiding me like the plague.

I feel like if i find out what this secret is. Then maybe i can get her through the rest of the way.

So i am desperately in need of your help.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”