family rejection

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

editor41

family rejection

Postby editor41 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm

I'm a newbie with diagnosed MDD. Some family members have recently stopped communicating with me and I don't know how to check the reasons why. The depression has me severely down as I obsess over the reasons for their "lost love". I am currently unable to simply ask, because I am frozen in fear that I may hear a confirmation that I am no longer "lovable". Perhaps someone has dealt with a similar issue?

Frame

Postby Frame » Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:37 pm

The fact that your questioning your own behavior, editor, means to me that your lovability is still in tact. It's people who don't care about their actions, that people find difficult to love.

Now, let's say it the other end of the spectrum, that your over the top; you care so much that your feeling crippled, or you care so much that your smothering people. That's not about love. They still love you. They may be finding it difficult to deal with you. Perhaps their attempts have not been productive.

Your looking for answers now and that's great. It would help to know how your attempting to communicate right now. I'm also interested in any events that lead up to a drop in connections with your family.

sxadov

Postby sxadov » Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:49 am

The fact that your questioning your own behavior, editor, means to me that your lovability is still in tact. It's people who don't care about their actions, that people find difficult to love.

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”