Some great advice I received yesterday

Depression/anxiety may have touched your family, your friends, yourself; what helps you to deal with it? Sharing is caring!

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

jj

Some great advice I received yesterday

Postby jj » Fri May 10, 2013 8:08 am

From my friend Tiredoftired.

:)

One of the worst parts of depression is that we feel like it is forever, and even if it’s not continuous forever, it still feels like we’ll never get rid of it. But it’s not true. You will get back on your feet. Maybe other flare ups will happen, but that is not going to be the main focus on your life. You should not be focusing on what you can’t do when you get depressed. You cannot focus on what you would have done if you weren’t depressed. Try focusing on maximising your abilities while you are depressed. Yes, you are limited, yes you haven’t been doing as well in school, but you’re depressed, and you have to try to maximize on your CURRENT capabilities. Try not to focus on anything but doing the best you can right now. That means going through the motions as much as possible and realizing at times that you are limited. When the negative thinking starts to kick in, don’t let it. Try to fight it. Allow yourself the permission to be depressed and have in mind to plow on as much as you can despite it.

Hope it can help some others too in the different things we are all struggling with

jj

fallen

Postby fallen » Fri May 10, 2013 8:59 pm

you have a kind soul

Return to “Family and Friends of People Living with Depression”