A BritChic introduction

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, cj-, Moderators, Frame

BritChic

A BritChic introduction

Postby BritChic » Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Hello everyone, I am a 47 year old woman and have been depressed for about 15 years. I am on Wellbutrin now after just changing from Effexor.
My father was bi-polar and he died at age 49 from his third heart attack. I have 2 sisters who are also depressed.

I am a stay at hom mom with 2 children who are now both in school. I am substituting in the school system and work about 3 days a week.

I would say that I have a mild case of depression. I am able to function and perform daily chores. But I think too much! I am constantly telling myself that I should be doing more, or should be doing something else. Now that I'm on the Wellbutrin I am sleeping less, I could sleep 20 hours a day! :D The Wellbutrin helps me get out of bed and feel good when I wake up instead of still tired.

I am British but have lived in Ohio for 35 years. I wish I could move back to England, but with my family here it would be difficult.

My husband always seems to push my buttons. Which could be my fault because I don't tell him not to.

I wish I had more friends that I could talk to, and I am hoping that you kind folks will be my friends. :)

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:36 pm

Welcome BritChic - I am a 46 year old woman, with 2 kids, on Wellbutrin so we are quite similar in those regards. I am glad you have found this forum. It is filled with compassionate and caring people who are always willing to reach out to people in need. It has truly been a lifeline for me. I hope you will keep posting and let us get to know you better.
Mich

Marc Heart

Postby Marc Heart » Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:41 pm

Hi britchic pleased to meet you hope you enjoy this forum I have been here a couple of day s an it seems very supportive a awarm caring space
Always we begin again

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:20 am

Hello & welcome! :-)
~Crystal

I'm not exactly digging myself out of the hole but creating a tunnel to get out another way. Throwing dirt from one end of the pit to the other isn't going to get me anywhere. Instead, I'll create my own path.

Wonder

Postby Wonder » Thu Apr 08, 2010 2:14 pm

I'm new here too and know what it was like to raise kids with depression and not have friends who could understand. This seems like a great place to share and be understood . . .

Return to “New Member Introductions”