Yet ANOTHER Newbie!

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

OverloadedMom

Yet ANOTHER Newbie!

Postby OverloadedMom » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:38 pm

Hello everyone!
My name is Donna, and I have been suffering with depression & anxiety for about 7yrs now.
My story is too long, but I will tell you this:
I am a disabled Mom to 4 boys. I am engaged to my youngest son's father, and I have MANY medical problems besides the depression & anxiety. My therapist suggested doing a Blog (which I have), and joining a chat room. And this one looked & felt like the best one to join.
I guess I just need to see & hear that I am not alone, and the only one going through such "Tough Times". I hope to get to know many of you here. I could really use all the support I can get. BUT, also know that I love to try and help others. Hugs, a shoulder to cry on, just to listen, or anything else that may be needed. I am NOT a person that thinks things are "All About Me". Thanks for reading, and I can't wait to get to know all of you.

XX Donna XX

xn728

WELCOME HOME

Postby xn728 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:47 pm

HELLO OVERLOADEDMOM i was just going so i be breif ,,,im glad you choose this forum ,,it is a very warm and loving place indeed ,,i have many freinds here who are very supportive ,,and i in turn support them in there time of need ,,,have a read around here everyone has there pain ,,simaler but differant in many ways ,,many of my freinds are really suffering at the moment ,,but they will return when they feel better ,,theres a chat room here as well and i dont use it that much but everyone is very kind in there as well ,,,you sound like you do have a very busy life ,,when you feel you may tell us more about yourself ,,only when your ready ,,,we dont judge here and we do understand what this pain is all about ,,ok dont want to bombarred you to much ,,welcome home my new freind ,this is a long dark road we travel ,,and if you should stumble reach out so we may catch your fall ...hugs overloadedmom ,,,,
lots of love xn728 ,,,ken xx ((((((donna)))))) you can never be alone here ,so dont have that feeling anymore ,,,,

lisalou

Postby lisalou » Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Hi Donna,welcome here. My name is Lisa and I am suffering with severe depression which I have struggled with on and off since I was at least 14 (am now 29.) Glad you have found us here,it has been a very valuable resource to me in terms of having a space to express my feelings and meeting people who understand me. You are not alone now. And a huge well done to you for bringing up 4 sons throughout your depression!!!!

Marc Heart

Postby Marc Heart » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:55 am

Welcome Donna I hope that you find this forum helpful supportive and friendly,I joined myself yesterady having been on a differnet forum for two years like you this one seemed to be the best.
Take care Marc x

Mich

Postby Mich » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:48 am

Welcome to the forum Donna - I am a 46 year old mother of 2 teenagers who suffers from depression. I have had so much love and support here...the people are truly wonderful. Our stories are all different but we understand the pain of the disease and are willing listeners at all times. I hope you will post some more and let us get to know you better.

crystalgaze

Postby crystalgaze » Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:06 am

Hello Donna! Good for you with doing what you can.... :-)

OverloadedMom

Postby OverloadedMom » Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:56 pm

I'd like to say "Thanks" to all of you that welcomed me here.
I've been in one of my "Funks" the past 2 weeks, and every time I came in....I just wanted to read. I guess I wasn't sure what I wanted to say.
There was so much, but I felt quite overwhelmed!
I hope to be here a bit more now. Things aren't any better, but that's why I have all of you! :wink: :)
Donna

Return to “New Member Introductions”