Bonnie

Hello

Postby Bonnie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:29 pm

Hi. I'm Bonnie. I'm not really sure what to say...but Hello Everyone :wink:

xn728

WELCOME BONNIE

Postby xn728 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:36 pm

i was just going to sleep as i saw your post appear ,welcome to the forum
dont know what your looking for just yet ,but its a great place for support here ,we are all great freinds so welcome to the family ,write how you feel here we all have our differant problems ,we dont judge and we care and share ,take your time enjoy looking around
i hope you find what your looking for ,,reach out and we will catch your fall ,,,goodnight for now ,,,,,,,xn728

Bonnie

=]

Postby Bonnie » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:49 pm

Thanks for the welcome. Not really sure if I fit in here...I don't seem to really have as many problems as everyone else...What are your opinions on talking to a therapist? Also the one I see is a Licensed Professional Counselor...Any opinions on that?

xn728

morning bonnie

Postby xn728 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:21 am

dont worry bonnie ,you fit in here my freind ,im sure you get more welcomes soon ,about the theripist ,i dont have one personaly ,but
ive been like this a long time ,and ive learnet to live with it in my own way ,,but they do help lots of others on here ,pherhaps you may get more replys later ,everyone is very caring he bonnie ,and its a very
warm place ,i do hope you grow to like it and find it a source of understanding ,,,i do in fact i couldnt be without the warmth of the forum
in and around my life ,,nice talking with you ,,,very cold here in england
stay safe bonnie ,,,,catch you later ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,xn728
PS BONNIE it doesnt matter how bad you do or dont feel your very welcome here ,look foward to you posting ,when ever you feel the need

Mich

Postby Mich » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:44 pm

Welcome Bonnie. Yes, we do have our share of problems here but we are a very warm and caring bunch and do our best to support each other. I am in therapy for depression and find it to be very helpful. Very often it is a lifeline for me. I am not familiar with the type of therpist you mention as I have therapy with a psychiatrist. I am in Canada and psychiatrists do a lot of therapy here as opposed to just meds. I hope you will post some more. Take care.

Bonnie

Therapist

Postby Bonnie » Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:08 pm

I am also is Therapy for Depression...Major Depressive Disorder...whatever that is....I've been seeing this lady for about a year now...she says she sees improvement however I feel nothing. It's been easy to talk to her as she reminds me of my brother's girlfriend(who also went to her actually). She is not a Psychiatrist....although she mentioned once that meds might help I don't think I could talk to anyone else....too scary. Ok well I have an appointment tonight actually so I'll ttyl. Nice to meet you.

xn728

HEY BONNIE

Postby xn728 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:37 am

hi bonnie stick with it bonnie ,dont ever stop trying hope the appmt goes we,ll today ,let us know how you go ,hope you enjoyed your look around the forum ,,,,,,catch you later bonnie ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,xn728

Bonnie

Life

Postby Bonnie » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:50 am

Well my appt. actually went fairly well yesterday. I was pretty happy with it. Right now we're working on accepting me for who I am...I have to write a bio....fun stuff. Anyway I've been suffering from Post Traumatic Stress but just recently I've found something I want to do with my life and it's just amazing how it makes me forget about eveything else in my past. I'm thinking about going into the interpreter program(ASL) at my college. When I'm signing it's just so fun and It makes me feel whole again, cheesy phrase I know. Unfortunately my semester just ended and I have to get through a whole month without it. I don't know what I am going to do. It feels like the world has ended.

xn728

hi bonnie

Postby xn728 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:57 am

best to keep busy if you can bonnie ,i have the same problem ,when im bored the depression sets in ,i cant just sit round wacthing tv ,anyway this is about you so good about your appmt and you sound upbeat and positive that good ,im glad you posting here and i feel you will find it helps it is quiet on the forum ,its that time of year though ,i post all the time it helps me cope with my life ,hope to see you later ,dont be a stranger ,,,stay safe and i like your positive attitude ,,,,wishes ,,xn728 ken
bye for now bonnie

Mich

Postby Mich » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:36 pm

Bonnie - I am glad your appt went well. You're right....when you find someone who you really feel comfortable talking with, it is very scary to imagine talking with anyone else. I feel the same way about my psychiatrist who I have been seeing for almost 5 years. I think it is so wonderful that you have goal and a focus re being an interpreter. It's great that it gives you such good feelings. Keep going with it....you are on your way!!

Bonnie

Hi guys

Postby Bonnie » Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:21 am

Thanx. I'm trying really hard to stay positive. It's very challenging. Also...this is kind of embarrassing...actually reallly embarrassing but I was just wondering if either of you have this problem as well...I forget what it's called....but I pull out my hair sometimes...like my eyebrows and my eyelashes...it sucks a lot. I started pulling out my eyebrows but stopped fortunately and moved onto my eyelashes which is easier to hide my bald spots with eyeliner. Anyway I've been doing it for years....my therapist doesn't think it's that important or maybe thinks itll go away after im "cured" idk...i don't really talk about it too much...but if there's any advice you can give me on how to stop it'd be greatly appreciated.
Love,
Bonnie

xn728

BLESS YOU

Postby xn728 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:55 am

BLESS YOU THIS MORNING BONNIE ,THINKING OF YOU TODAY ,
i dont know about the pulling hair problem ,but im sure someone else may have some idea ,,i just wanted to say ,be strong my new freind
and keep posting ,,,big day today lots to do ,,,,,things will get back to normal soon ,and we,ll chat again soon ,your never alone here ,,
hugs xn728 ,,ken

Bonnie

Wow

Postby Bonnie » Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:12 pm

Oh boy was it a big day! But I got through it :) Now just gotta get through new years...ugh....How was your Christmas? get anything good? give anything good? I don't know if I'll be able to eat for the next week with all of the food I've stuffed into my body within the past two days!

xn728

hi bonnie

Postby xn728 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:20 am

yes we had a great day bonnie gave and got lots of nice things ,will post about it later maybe ,,glad it was good for you ,,stay safe my dear freind nice to hear you agaain bonnie ,,,,,,hugs ,,,,ken ,,,,xn728

xn728

JUST A THOUGHT

Postby xn728 » Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:01 am

hey again bonnie ,i just thought when your ready to tell us more about your self why dont you start a thread under one of the sub sections in the
DEPRESSION, ANXIETY AND BIPOLAR DISORDER *there are four sub sections in there ,you could tell us about yourself ,and when you had relplys ,it would grow into a speacial place for your freinds to see you
a bit like a little box were you could keep your favourite possetions ,,,
forgive me if i speak out of place ,,just trying to help ,,i was all over the place when i first came here ,,,you stay just were you like if it suits you that way ,,,,,best wishes bonnie ,,looking forward to talking again ,,,
hugs ,,,xn728,,,,ken

Return to “New Member Introductions”