Hi,um not sure if I fit here?

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

rosablanca91

Hi,um not sure if I fit here?

Postby rosablanca91 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:32 pm

I have had depression for years,but also have ocd,social phobia,panic attacks :? Im feeling pretty down lately.and alone. If Im not in the right place let me know and Ill keep looking.

CloverFella

Postby CloverFella » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Your definitely in the right place. Often depression doesn't come by itself.

Welcome :)

dandelion

Postby dandelion » Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:48 pm

((((((((((((((((((( Rosablanca ))))))))))))))))))))))

A warm welcome hug for you. Yes, you had come to right place, welcome to the family. I hope to see more of your post in the future, lots of caring and kind souls here to help and give you support.

Again, welcome to the family

Love
dandelion

YsoBlu

Hello

Postby YsoBlu » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:05 am

This is something I've never done before so please bear with me. I have suffered from depression, adhd, and anxiety as long as I can remember. This time of the year is really hard for me and I made the dumb mistake of not taking my medicine for the last few weeks. I realized my error when I noticed that my jaw muscles were tired and sore at the end of the day. It's weird because I don't really grind my teeth. I notice I hold my mouth a certain way when I'm stressed. It's more like I suck in my cheeks. Anyway,
I feel like I'm on a rollercoaster and I just want it to stop. I know with the help of my meds (which I am taking) things will be tolerable once again.

TackingIntoTheWind

Postby TackingIntoTheWind » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:44 am

Rosablanca: you are definitely in the right place. I also have depression and anxiety, and I've found this site to be very helpful in starting my own recovery. Welcome aboard!
YsoBlue: Hope you feel better once your meds kick in. Although, if you stop taking your meds again without medical advice, I may have to nag you in my Official Capacity as a duly-licensed busybody!
Seriously though folks, welcome and good luck to you both.

aim

Postby aim » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:41 pm

Another welcome coming your way, rosablanca91! You are in the most right place. I have suffered from clinical depression in the past, but find myself mostly plagued with anxiety these days. Here's to hoping you find the comfort and friendship here that so many have already...

YsoBlu - welcome to you too! Medication can be a wonderful thing - I know. I've been on Paxil for my anxiety for over a year now, and it's given me the clarity to see clearly and know that if I don't feel ok at the moment, I will... soon.

(((Forum friends)))

hollyann

Postby hollyann » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:33 pm

Welcome to the forum.

hollyann

xn728

welcome home

Postby xn728 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 2:35 pm

hello there rosablanca91 ,youve found the right place alright ,everyone
here is warm and caring ,we all suffer in simalar ways and tread the same
path ,you will find support here and kind words ,we all have so much give
each other ,and never judge ,i hope you find what your looking for ,the
thing you have already is so many new freinds ,,welcome home
reach out and we will catch your fall,,,,,,,,,,,,,wishes xn728

Mich

Postby Mich » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:02 am

Rosablanca and YsoBlu - welcome to the forum. You will find lots of caring support here.

aim

Postby aim » Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:53 pm

Hey all... everyone ok? It's been a while so I wanted to check in and see if our new folks are still with us... are you guys out there?

Monty

Postby Monty » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:51 pm

Welcome to the both of you.

It is sometimes difficult to share our inner thoughts with our family and friends that are around us all the time. We don't want to worry them.

I can assure the two of you that you have found the right place to come and vent just what is happening in your life.

Sit down at the keyboard, turn off the editor in your head and just let us know how you're feeling. We are a pretty tough bunch. You can cut through the c**p if trying to explain depression on this site. We are all in the same boat and all look out for each other.

This is a safe place.

aim

Postby aim » Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:17 pm

Agree, Monty girl, as usual, huh??? This is a safe place...

Sorry I've been gone for a while. I was away and then I was sad. But I'm back now and glad of it!!

I agree that it is easier to talk to people you are not that close to. Makes me feel safer that way. I not only hate to burden people, but I also hate to feel judged by anyone. No one judges here, another reason to love it!!

How is everyone?

Return to “New Member Introductions”