Hello everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

CrazyLegs

Hello everyone

Postby CrazyLegs » Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:14 am

Hi, I just wanted to introduce myself to you all. I'm a 45 year old female and I've had depression on and off for around 20 years - runs in the family unfortunately!
Most people would be surprised cos I mask it very well and only those nearest and dearest realise I have this problem.
I don't have a horrible story to tell as life has been pretty good to me which means some people don't understand how I can feel so low when I have so much going for me.
One doctor who I worked with thought I had mild bipolar but I have never been treated for anything other than depression. Had prozac, venlofaxine and mirtazapine but now I don't want to take these as they turn me into what my husband described as a zombie. So I am giving St John's wort a try........
The good thing about my depression (!!) is that it always lifts in the end and then I feel really ultra happy and energetic which makes it almost worth it.

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:31 pm

Hi Crazy Legs,

I have also suffered from depression for many years.

My diagnosis is bipolarII. I don't just have the lowest of lows. On a few occasions I have been way out of control.

Go on wild spending sprees and think that I am some kind of superwoman. I do things so quickly and have several things on the go at one time.

Unfortunately when these episodes last, I pay for it in the end with a sharp drop into depression again.

Do have amazing amount of energy (and don't sleep) during my manic stages. Kind of scares the people around me though, because my sense of judgement gets skewed.

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:16 am

hi Crazylegs!!! welcome to the forums!!!! its so nice to have you here. i look forward to many more posts in the near future from you!

Return to “New Member Introductions”