Hey everybody

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Paramnesia

Hey everybody

Postby Paramnesia » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:45 am

Hey I'm Chloe,

I've been in the chat room a few times off and on, I'm also part of other depression communities so you might have seen me there.

Anyway I was diagnosed with depression 2 years ago, though I've been suffering since i was at least 15 (I'm now 21). This year I was also diagnosed with generalised anxiety disorder. I've been on a variety of medications, none that have worked. I've tried relaxation and counseling (also didn't help) I'm now looking at trying CBT and seeing a psychologist. I see a psychiatrist but hes a complete nutter lol.

Anyway I hope to see you all around :)

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:06 pm

Paramnesia,
welcome to the forums!!!!! its been a pleasure knowing you in the chatroom and i hope you continue to be in both as you please... again welcome!!!!!!!!!!

aim

Postby aim » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:27 pm

Hey Chloe - welcome aboard here! :-)

I too have generalized anxiety disorder - what medications have you taken? What are you currently taking? As many people on the forums know, I am on Paxil and it's worked wonders for my anxiety. It still rears its' ugly head, but not to the extent where I am constantly shaking, my heart beating out of my chest, and that I can't sleep.

By the way... I'm a social worker who works with a lot of psychologists/psychiatrists, and I have YET to meet one who wasn't on the nutty side! Good observation... :-)

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Welcome Chloe,

I was diagnosed with Bipoar II (and many other ones, one of which I can never remember) and have found that I can't do without both, the talk therapy and also under the care of my pdoc.

The two that I have now are not my first choice.
My therapist/counsellor has worked in the mental health field for too long and is kind of jaded.
I used to have a good relationship with my pdoc, until his wife looked up (on some medical site) his rating to do with his patients view of his work.

Turned out that he did wel on everything. The biggest concern was the time that he kept patients waiting. As a result it has been like he has set a stop-watch when I get in, and then when the tone sounds, I am out the door.

The second thing that happened, was about a year ago, I stepped into his office, trying to explain what my symptoms were due to my chronic insomnia. After I tried to talk to him about it, he stopped me after two minutes and told me how he could tell how a person was doing (he had done it so long) a minute after I got into his office.

Kinda made me wonder. Can certainly relate to pdocs are a little out there in left field, standing there all by themselves (or with a little group of other pdocs)

Take care, hope to hear from you soon.

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:38 pm

Welcome Chloe!

Happy to have you here.

We will keep you happy. :D :lol: :P :wink: :!: :!: :!:

A5

Return to “New Member Introductions”