Hey There

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

hopeless _romantic

Hey There

Postby hopeless _romantic » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:06 pm

Just thought I would introduce myself and all that fun stuff =]. I'm a 22/f with recurring depression/anxiety problems, and I thought it might be nice to talk with individuals who may relate to me. I look forward to conversing with you guys and hope you guys all have a decent night.

-Beck

crystalgaze

:-o

Postby crystalgaze » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:40 pm

Heya Beck! :-)

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Jun 29, 2009 1:20 am

Sounds like you are fitting right in Crystal. Good on you for being the first to welcome Beck to our family.

Beck, there are certainly many of us who can relate to your depression/anxiety problems.

We may not be able to solve your problems but we are here to listen, and we are all very good at just listening. It often helps a lot out there to just know that there is someone out there that cares.

hopeless _romantic

Postby hopeless _romantic » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:54 pm

Thank you both of you very much =]

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:09 pm

hopeless_romantic, welcome here its nice to have you! i look forward to future posts from you!

aim

Postby aim » Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:52 pm

hey and welcome beck!! My anxiety and depression was the worst when I was exactly 22. Quite the coincidence, huh?

Now at 33 - my anxiety is back after having lain dormant for many years, but it nowhere near as bad as it was at 22. My depression has been on vacation for years and years... hope it stays that way. There is a lot to look forward to, Beck. :-)

Anyway... welcome, welcome - you are MOST WELCOME!

Aurelia5

Postby Aurelia5 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:42 pm

Hi Romantic!

Glad to meet you. You can write to us about anything and we'll make you feel better.

Write soon!

A5

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:17 pm

Hey there Romantic,

Just got some time to go on the computer and saw that it has been a week since we first heard from you.

Hope all is going well.

depresseddep

introduction

Postby depresseddep » Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:18 pm

hello everybody. introducing myself here. I am a 42 yr old, twice-divorced mother of 4, ages 20, 19, 17, and 13. I am currently in school trying to get somewhere (hopefully). I've had a few major health issues that I've had to get through, but this last december was the worst. I had pneumonia, my xrays were misread, and they said I was fine. The next night I found myself unable to breathe. My son called 911, and the emergency room brought me back with their trusty paddles. I am now awaiting a pacemaker and defibrillator in order to get back to normal. Since that whole fiasco, my life just went down the tubes ever since, and the only thing keeping me going right now is that I don't want my 13 year old to be motherless. I've been on an antidepressant since my mother died in 2005, and they've increased it to its max. I don't think pills really help, because I feel my depression is situational, and can't be fixed by a pill but can only be fixed by an improvement in my life events. Sorry so long, but I figure I should state what brought me here. Lorri

aim

Postby aim » Fri Jul 10, 2009 9:46 pm

Hi Lorri - welcome to the DU forums! So glad to have you here. :-)

You have been through something so incredibly taxing, that it is understandable that you have gotten down so low. Please do remember... your 13-year-old does need you, ok? Don't know what I would have done if my mother was not around when I was 13 - hard to imagine now at 33, actually. You can do it, Lorri. Believe in yourself - and believe that things are going to get better. Everything seems to work itself out if given time.

I too am on medication for anxiety, and although it does not work all of the time, it does work about 90% of time. Might I suggest talk therapy for you as well? Sometimes it helps just to talk about things with an impartial third party. Just getting things off of our chests can make a huge difference sometimes.

I'm not suggesting you go off your medication, that's between you and your doctor, but the talk therapy might do you a world of good.

Glad you are here, Lorri. And never worry about your posts being too long... no such thing here at DU. It will be read and appreciated - I can promise you that.

Take care... Amy

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Jul 13, 2009 1:22 am

Hi Lorri,

Like aim said, you don't have to worry about your posts are too long. We are very patient and appreciate it when people feel comfortable enough with us. To just sit down at the computer and let us learn a little bit about themselves.

It is a very brave thing to do. I found it difficult at first. I had tried a few support on-line groups. They didn't seem to work. I even tried the Oprah site. She certainly has groups for whatever problem might come up in anyones lives. I have found this group so accepting. I hope you feel as comfortable here, as I do.

I am glad that you have that 13 year old. You didn't mention it it is a daughter or a son. Doesn't really matter, they kept you on this planet.

Hopefully you will be able to sort some of the stuff out in your head and suicide doesn't seem a viable option again. I often have thought of suicide throughout the years. What stopped me was when they kept drumming it into my head. The child of a person who commits suicide is many more times likely to try it themselves, that from a kid who doesn't have to comfront that situation.

It is difficult to tell what the cause of a person's depression is. I fought it for quite a long time on my own, but finally came to the realization that mine is a chemical imbalance. That there is no need fighting the fact that I will need meds for the rest of my life.

See you don't have to worry about your posts being too long. Just count all of the words in my post.

Hang in there. Hope to see you back.

helium

Postby helium » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:20 pm

Welcome- nice meeting you.

see you around.

Hortensia

Return to “New Member Introductions”