So glad to be here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

stardust158

So glad to be here

Postby stardust158 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:41 pm

Hi! I have suffered from depression and GED since I was a child. I am now 40....something. I worked 2 jobs since I was a kid, but now I am disabled and alone. I had my sister and brother, nieces and nephews, and friends...but I think they have finally tired of me. I was seeing a psychiatrist for 14 years, but I was no longer able to afford him. I have been seeing a therapist at a local clinic, but there is no connection. I don't think he realizes the scope of my fears. I am lost. I hope I can make some connections here. Thanks.

erika/r|ka

Postby erika/r|ka » Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:03 am

Welcome stardust *hugs*

i'm sorry to hear you're going through some hard times and i know that feeling lost and alone is one of the worst feelings. There are very nice and understanding people both in the forums and in the chat room and i'm pretty sure you'll make good connections and friends in here - hope to hear and talk to you soon. Take care

erika

stardust158

Postby stardust158 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 6:01 pm

Thank you so much for your kind words! And, of course I meant GAD (general Anxiety Disorder), not GED. LOL...silly! I hope to get used to the boards and start posting more.

Monty

Postby Monty » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:18 pm

Stardust, I want to add my welcome to the forums. The members are a lot of help to many people. I am sure it won't take you long to realize that there is a lot of support out there.

I know what it is like to feel that you are alone. I also have been deemed "permanently unemployable. I am not sure if you have the permanent designation of the unemployable part. Whether is it or not, it is tough to start in a conversation with someone new, when the first thing that you get asked is "so what do you do".

I am fortunate that I look old enough that they I can say that I am retired, and they will believe it. I doubt you look as old as me. That sometimes can make conversation tough.

Remember that there a lot of really caring people here that read what you want to share about what happening in your life. Just sit at the computer and let us help lessen your load. We want to know what we can do to help. Sometimes help can translate just into listening to what is happening in your life.

Return to “New Member Introductions”