So I'm going to give this a go...

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

aim

Postby aim » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:12 pm

We all fit in here, MJ. We all have experience and knowledge to share with others... to help others. Even if you don't think what you are saying will help anyone, I can assure you that someone who reads it will be touched by it.

I hope you stick around and that you are ok.

MJ

Postby MJ » Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:46 am

Thank you to both of you.

Monty - I am so sorry to hear about your daughter's struggle but I'm happy she's made it through. I'm sure she is doing just fine, but speaking from experience, just because a person is a healthy weight it doesn't mean they have a healthy attitude. Struggles with food often re emerge throughout life...I've seen it too many times. I suppose I'm trying to say don't write her off as better...but of course don't crowd her. Just keep an eye on her. Arg this is why I don't feel comfortable giving advice even when I have something to say...I hope what i said didn't come across wrong. I didn't mean I was doubting your approach in any way.

Thanks so much for your post though, it's nice to know someone relates. I was worried my post about my difficulties was out of place.

I am willing to continue to post, I see that I'm not unwanted or in the way now. Thanks again to all of you have made me feel welcome.

aim

Postby aim » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:10 pm

Great MJ!!!!!

Your advice seemed thoughtful, respectful and I'm sure appreciated. That's what we're here for - to advise and help each other as honestly, compassionately, and kindly as possible.

Good going!!!

Monty

Postby Monty » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:25 pm

Mj,
Had an extremely busy weekend, so this afternoon was the first in a bit that I had the chance to sit down at the computer.

Thanks so much for your advice about my daughter. She is very precious to me and anything that you can say that helps me, help her, is very much appreciated. I had a problem with my weight, many years ago.

Actually if I sit and think about it, its probably 30 years ago now. I just stopped eating, and couldnt start. Also did the exercise stuff way too much.

I went on anti-depressives and my weight problem was no longer a problem.

Again, thanks for the advice. My daughter and I sign our messages from each other, LYMTLI, which is Love You More Than Life Itself.

I want to keep her as safe as I can.

Return to “New Member Introductions”