Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

nerdgirl1968

Hello

Postby nerdgirl1968 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:39 pm

Hi,
New here. Looking for people who understand this black hole called depression. I'm 40 years old and have been dealing with this, among other things, since I was a child. Medications and therapy have never really helped me much. I find my depression getting worse as everything in my life seems to be falling apart all at once. I am no stranger to adverse situations but the last 6 months or so have really beat me down. Hoping I can find some support here.

georgiapeach

Postby georgiapeach » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:34 pm

((((((((((((((((((( nerdgirl1968 ))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) <--- hug
welcome to the forums, just so you know there is a chatroom associated with this site, its wonderful, you will see fellow forum members in the chat as well as here! again welcome and i cant wait to see more posts from you!

Monty

Postby Monty » Tue Mar 31, 2009 6:14 pm

I am glad that you found this site.

Compared to some, I haven't been coming here for long.
Even so, I found that I was accepted as part of the group, inspite of being a newbie, right from the start.
This forum has helped me a lot over the past, so if you're looking for support, I think that you have found the right place.

I was diagnosed with bipolarII. I don't have the high, highs but I do seem to have the lows. I have found that some of those lows, can be pretty low.

I think that describing depression as a "black hole" is very appropriate.

Hope that you continue posting.
Looking forward to learning more about you.

Emotional_77

Postby Emotional_77 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:44 pm

I believe you have come to the right place hun! There is a lot of support that goes on in this site whenever you need it!!! I sure hope this site will help you out and lead you on to dealing with your depression in a postive way. we are all helpful, whether in the forums or in the chat rooms. Feel free to express your feelings every day in the forums or share your advice and opinions as well. Take care and hope to see you again.

Return to “New Member Introductions”