Hi

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

diego-man

Hi

Postby diego-man » Sat Jan 12, 2019 8:44 pm

Hi. Ive deal with depression since a while. Cant say i have depression this days, its just some stress. I started to cope using this kind of forums, and chatrooms. My main problem is doesnt have any other to talk to, or go out or anything, i get used to this, and i find it ok, but i would like to have someone to do things. Ive look into forums since a while ago, ive joined to almost every depression forum, I thought the idea to meet someone online was going to be fine, but ive not find anyone to relate. The feel of loneliness is big. Im 26 old, if theres any over 25 old that joined for the same Im here.

j2415

Re: Hi

Postby j2415 » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:01 pm

Hi Diego, I’m glad that this kind of forum is helpful to you in coping with depression.

I hope you can find a friend that you can talk to or go out with. I’m sorry that you cannot find someone from the forum, have you tried connecting with people from your church or community? I hope things will go well for you, God bless.

kevinloveslena

A Change

Postby kevinloveslena » Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:18 pm

Hello,
I am so sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. Stress, loneliness, and isolation can really be tough to deal with, especially this time of year. Excellent job reaching out online to people. I know that it is not the same thing as face-to-face, but at least it should help with the isolation and loneliness. As for identifying someone to spend time with, I was in the same spot you are in several years ago. I was 29, had a high position with a good company making a good salary, was going out every weekend to the clubs but had no friends. I was isolated, lonely, and depressed. One Sunday morning I was awoken and just heard the words, “go to church”. That day I accepted and committed myself to Jesus Christ. As I read His Word over the next several months, my loneliness and isolation melted away. Before I knew it, I had all kinds of friends in the church and finally, I met the woman of my dreams! We have now been married for 12 years and have 4 children. Now, I don’t have a moment of privacy, much less isolation or loneliness. I will pray that you will have the same call on your life.

Return to “New Member Introductions”