New Here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Bryce2323

New Here

Postby Bryce2323 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:00 pm

Hi am a 27 year old software engineer. I have depression, anxiety, adhd, and a history of suicidal thoughts. I decided to try out this site to be able to talk to others who have the same problems, listen to others (wether it is venting or want someone to talk to), and to have others listen to my venting. I am a fan of video games, movies, and table-top games. I can't wait to start talking to you and help however I can.

Golda Dilema

Re: New Here

Postby Golda Dilema » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:04 pm

Welcome to the community. It is good that you are here. I am a person with bipolar depression. One thing that is helping me with my depression is writing a journal about my thoughts, feelings and experiences. Another thing that is helpful is listening to good music. Watching good movies is therapeutic too and so is reading good materials.

Playing games or doing hobbies help too. An author once said that we should do activities that make us happy. Do them so long as they won't do you any harm. Be happy and enjoy life.

Jimdubu

Re: New Here

Postby Jimdubu » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:39 pm

welcome I also suffer from ADHD depression and Anxiety. Do you have anyone you can talk to when you have suicidal thoughts ? like a sibling or a friend or your church pastor? do you see a Doctor and if so do they have a crisis number? If not you can always call 911, or there is also a Text Crisis Line at 741741 a professional will text you back and of course the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-8255. If your not seeing a professional there is a great organization that can offer free counseling advise and even refer you to counselor in your area FOTF Counseling Line 1-855-382-5433.
As I mentioned I suffer from ADHD and anxiety and currently use venlafaxine ( Generic for Effexor) and Topamax. I also found a great book called " Anxious For Nothing" by Max Lucado. In it Max tells the story of a friend of his Jerry ( I think) anyway Jerry's wife has Parkinson's disease and can't get around by herself, Jerry is the primary care taker. But every time Max sees him he's always happy and has a good joke to tell. Max asks him how he does it, Jerry say each morning he and his wife sing a hymn,"Count Your Blessings" and then they count their blessings. You know when you start looking at everything you have been blessed with, anxiety and depression just seem to melt away.
Have a blessed day, prayers my friend.

Return to “New Member Introductions”