Hesitation

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

J.Bradley

Hesitation

Postby J.Bradley » Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:44 am

Hello you can call me Jay, Brad, bradley whatever you like. I'm a guy in my early 20s that's been dealing with depression for the better half of 5 years now. I've tried to cope with it, go to talk groups and try exercising. (I've heard that's supposed to help somehow) Recently it's gotten worse and I'm having let's just say some harmful thoughts. But I'm reluctant to tell my dr anything. Is there anything to help ease in to telling someone? At this point I'd try just about anything to cheer up a little. Plus it's kinda thrown my appetite off (and being a type 1 diabetic doesnt help that all).

Thanks for listening.

Jimdubu

Re: Hesitation

Postby Jimdubu » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:03 pm

I am really sorry you are going through this, Depression and Anxiety can really play games with us. do you have anyone you can talk to,? maybe a sibling, a friend or your church pastor?. I know you mentioned you go to talk groups , but are you seen by a Psychiatrist that prescribes you medication? and when was the last time it was adjusted? That does have to be done from time to time. Also are you seeing a therapist one on one. If you feel you want to harm yourself please call 911 or The National Suicide Prevention Line at 1-800-273-8255 you can also use the Crisis Text Line at 741741 and a professional will text you back. If you feel reluctant to talk to your Doctor, then maybe it is time to find a new doctor. I know of a great organization that will give you free counseling advise and can refer you to professionals in your area. their number is 1-855-382-5433. I will keep you in my prayers.

EnzoP

Re: Hesitation

Postby EnzoP » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:25 pm

I know of what you speak. I too suffer from Anxiety and Depression and I too am a type I diabetic. Having diabetes does not make a mental illness any easier to cope with but you're not alone out here, even if it feels like it. It's far worse not to get help when you need it.

Return to “New Member Introductions”