New and hopeless

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

selena2529

New and hopeless

Postby selena2529 » Sun Jul 08, 2018 1:33 pm

I've never really done this kind of thing, but I'm at the point where nothing seems to help. I've been going through depression and anxiety for a few years now, and I have hit my lowest point ever. I feel hopeless. I wonder if this feeling will ever go away, if I'll ever be happy again. After counseling and med after med, I feel like giving up. I'm tired of being around people I love and not actually being happy. Just occasionally throwing a fake smile, while sitting by myself, stuck in my head. Once I start having thoughts of "this is never going to get better" or "I'm just a burden to the people I love" they just keep going and I don't know how to stop them. Trying this was something someone suggested to me, so I'm just looking for some help.

nightingale77

Re: New and hopeless

Postby nightingale77 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:58 am

Hallo Selena, welcome to the forum and thank you for sharing. It takes courage. One thing for certain you are not alone in this journey. I read that you have tried very hard and your best to get better but nothing seems to work and you are at your wits end... I hope you know this has nothing to do with you as a person. Depression and anxiety has a way to make you feel small and powerless. But you have the power to change things and you can have a new life if you allow yourself to. Please press on with counselling or therapy if you can. If the counselor or therapist is not a right match for you (something we don’t find the right one immediately), change them and find another one. But even with the right not, sometimes the connection don’;t work all the time. That’s the case for me and my therapist. Most of the time he gets where i’m coming from. Sometimes (though very few moments) he misses it but that’s ok. Most importantly I want you to know you are not alone. We are here to journey with you. So feel free to post your thoughts whenever. Keep well and take care. God bless!

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:34 am

Welcome aboard, selena2529.
I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I know how difficult it must be for you to go through anxiety and depression. Please know that all of us need help at some point in life, and it’s good you decided to connect with us here. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort, strength, and peace. I'd also suggest that you look for things to do to keep your mind off of your negative feelings. Maybe you could pursue an activity, sport, or hobby that you enjoy and that makes you feel good. Physical exercise has the added benefit of helping to relieve negative emotions naturally. Remember that you deserve to feel better. You can always come here to share, and I’m here to support you. Take good care of yourself. Hugs!

Hephzibah

Postby Hephzibah » Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:01 pm

Selena, I struggled with depression and anxiety since I was a young child. When I was in 2nd grade my parents started taking me to a psychiatrist. When I was in the third grade I was given pills so I could sleep. By the time I was in high school I was also on pills for depression and pills for anxiety. When I got older I went on and off medication depending on how I felt. It was when I turned to my faith in God that things really changed for me. I know I can’t trust my feelings. I have to intentionally exchange my thoughts for the thoughts I believe God has for me. I will say it hasn’t been easy. I have had some pretty low times, but I have always been able to find a counselor to help me get back on track. I also am very careful about the music, TV, and stuff on the internet I watch. There are so many negative messages out there and whatever we put in tends to become a part of our thinking and come out. Medication can be a great tool for recovery and has helped some of my family members, but maybe you need to talk to your doctor about any side effects, esp. if you are still feeling this way. I’ll be praying you find the right answers for you. You are not alone. You will overcome this!

Return to “New Member Introductions”