New here

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

PeterChrome

New here

Postby PeterChrome » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:01 pm

Hi, this is my first time using a chat room for a topic like this. I am 16 years old and have been clinically diagnosed with depression since December of 2016. I needed a community of people with similar problems as my own, so I started here.

orange89

Re: New here

Postby orange89 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:28 am

Hi i'm new here to did not really know who to talk to i have great friends and family but i just dont know how to chat to them about how i feel and the thoughts i have sometimes.

nightingale77

Postby nightingale77 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:20 am

Halo Peterchrome & Orange89, welcome to the forum! This is great platform for support and encouragement. I Glad you found us! Peterchrome, You mentioned that you were diagnosed in 2016. Thereafter, what are your coping mechanisms? ARe you talking to any counsellor or therapist to help you cope?

CassieShannon2

Postby CassieShannon2 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:08 am

Hi, I'm new here as well. Many people suffer from depression. Having a community of people who can help you feel connected and understood is a very positive experience. Are you in counseling? I found it difficult to go to counseling, so I found some help online through Focus on The Family. https://www.focusonthefamily.com/lifech ... -referrals Hope you find many friends here and I hope the link helps you connect with some great encouragers. I also listen to New Life Ministries at https://newlife.com/ They have pod casts where I can listen to people going through similar situations to my own. I find it so helpful. Cassie

Return to “New Member Introductions”