Trying to find help

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Cosmos

Trying to find help

Postby Cosmos » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:48 pm

Hello,
first, I should apologize for any grammar errors I make, English is not my native language.
My nickname is Cosmos, and I'm 17 years old.
I've been struggling with depression (I have not been diagnosed) a few years now, but lately it got much much worse. So much in fact, that I can't no longer concentrate on anything other. I don't really know how to desribe it (I might write more in to the "My story" section). I can not longer connect with anybody and anything, nothing really makes sense. It's like I'm detached from reality and trust me, it's much worse than it sounds like. I have trouble sleeping (right now is 2:30am here) and sometimes my body and my head hurts so much. And I mean a real pain, mostly when I'm lying on my bed, trying to fall asleep with my thoughts. Do you anybody have experience with that? I tried doing many things: changing my lifestyle, I tried to start thinking positive etc. but nothing works and if it works then only temporarily and the pain comes back even stronger than before.
I've become really desperate lately so I tried to search for help online and found this forum.

nightingale77

Re: Trying to find help

Postby nightingale77 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:48 am

Halo there Cosmos, I chanced upon your post. Sorry I’m not here to diagnose your condition but just to share with you what had happened to me when I was down with depression couple years back. So I do find some similarities of some symptom you are going through now. I experienced sleepless nights. I survived each day with only 2 hours of sleep. I was worried that something might happened when I closed my eyes. I was also not able to focus and concentrate on any task. Eventually I went to see a therapist whom helped me tremendously to regulate my emotions and mood. LIke I mentioned, I’m no doctor. But if it’s affecting you so much, I do urge you to consider go see a psychiatrist or a therapist. You deserved to feel joy in your life and not let depression rob that from you. Keeping you in my prayer. God bless!

Return to “New Member Introductions”