Hello

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Delia822

Hello

Postby Delia822 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:30 pm

Hello,
I am glad to have come across this site. Not that I wish for anyone to have Depression or any other problem, but sometimes I feel like I am the only person that is depressed and it's a relief to know other people have similar experiences. Honestly, I should not be depressed. I have a good husband, grown children that are on their own, a nice house and a job with a very good company. I should be skipping and singing and full of joy. Except I'm not. Every day I get up and go through the motions. Smile when it's appropriate and pretend everything is A-ok. But the reality is I'm miserable. The only way to describe how I feel is soul crushing sadness and loneliness, coupled with anger at myself for not being able to find happiness in what by all accounts appears to be the perfect life.

Thanks for letting me vent.
D.

ImJohn

Re: Hello

Postby ImJohn » Wed Apr 25, 2018 12:07 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum,

I'm sorry you're feeling depressed despite the 'perfect life' you describe in your post. Depression is a very subjective thing - despite there being similarities as you'll discover when you read more of the posts that appear here. In the end I guess we all find our own way of coping one of which, for me and a lot of others, is 'venting' on here. So, please don't feel guilty about how you feel; their your feelings and you have every right to feel them - even though they aren't the ones you may wish for.

I'm typing this while waiting for my dinner to cook so sorry it's a bit short as the pans are calling for some attention.

I hope today is/has been a better one for you.

John. :D

Return to “New Member Introductions”