New member. Support welcome

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Jlb124

New member. Support welcome

Postby Jlb124 » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:41 pm

Hi. I have suffered from depression for around 10 years now. It used to be on and off but as I’ve got older it’s been a constant awful grey shadow that won’t leave now.

About a week ago I started self harming with a razor and have gone pretty much every day now slicing myself with a razor blade.

I’m married but manage to hide the scars with long sleeve tops and make up.

I am on 150g of sertaline but if anything I feel worse. I often think of ways of ending my life but haven’t the courage to go through with it.

I know no one can help me but myself but I just want to go to sleep and never wake up every day. It’s killing me.

Moira

Re: New member. Support welcome

Postby Moira » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:39 pm

I know exactly how you feel. Please explore other meds and counseling, it has helped me tremendously. You have a husband that loves you and there is help out there. Get help now please. Your family needs you.

COPD65

Postby COPD65 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:09 pm

I agree with Moira, continue seeking help until you find something that works. Life is too short anyway to spend it feeling defeated every day. Get your GP to recommend a psychologist (who makes time to talk to you and understand your problem as opposed to a psychiatrist who expects to prescribe meds and say goodbye.) and set up regular times to visit. It is not a quick fix situation, give yourself time to heal. :D

KimmyO

Postby KimmyO » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:58 pm

Welcome, this is a spot where you can sit down, take your shoes off and be honest. I do hope you are see the sun up ahead and sit a spell in the grass before walking on down the rugged, weedy path of life. There is fruitfulness ahead and growth, still. The best fruit trees are the older ones, so you will have many days of productive living full of color and joy!
I know stress can take us close to edge, but there are ways to help counter it and win!
I do the following things for stress:
I take magnesium and ginseng to calm my body, mind and soul. They also get rid of those sticky negative thoughts and feelings that get me down. Yes, they really work. God has given us many things to help us on this earth. Also, I get outside, breathe deep in God's creation, touch the earth and look at the stars. That helps me remember the bigness of life and the constant faithfulness of it all. Also I pray, meditate on wise words and stretch myself thru learning, art and groups like meetups, bible studies, classes. Anxiety is so much more a problem than it used to be, some of spiritual, some of it physical. <3 Prayers lifted for you! Breathe deep the thankful joy of the good times and breathe out the frustrations, sorrows and tough times.

foreverbeach11

Postby foreverbeach11 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:38 pm

I'm sorry you are going through this. Please consider getting counseling to stop harming yourself. Maybe consider reading some of these articles [https://bit.ly/2xonvIF] to help you on your journey to recovery. Have you thought about talking to your husband so that he can be a support for you? Your life is important and you have a family that is there for you. Think about reaching out to them so that they know what you are experiencing. There is help for you and there is hope for your future. Consider getting the help you need and your life will get better. You are in my thoughts.

Return to “New Member Introductions”