Old man alert

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Dartfordstokie

Old man alert

Postby Dartfordstokie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:32 am

Hello,
I'm 48 years old and on Sunday I admitted to my wife for the first time that I was depressed.
Am I to old to be on this forum? There seems to be a hell of a lot of young people on here. I guess I'm just feeling very self conscious.
I'm not great at talking about myself but I'm hoping it will get better the more I login.
I'm desperate to find answers and start enjoying life..........…...

LookUp1430

Re: Old man alert

Postby LookUp1430 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Definitely not too old! In fact, a few months away from my age...Depression is real. Admitting you have it is the first step in helping you overcome it. That is great that your told your wife. I'm fairly certain she was aware that something was a little askew. By you opening up to her, now the two of you can begin to devise a plan to help you overcome (yes it can be done) your depression. There are many ways to do that...medical, psychological, spiritual, physical. If it were me, I'd put on the full court press and talk to my doctor, a counselor, my pastor, and at least get out and walk for 20 minutes a day. A lot of gains have been made to help people overcome depression. There is no reason you can't be one of them. Good luck!

athena.vhd

Re: Old man alert

Postby athena.vhd » Sat Mar 24, 2018 11:00 am

i think its more rational that a middle aged person get depressed.
cuz they usually have bigger problems except my dad hes depressed too but he doesn't have a
Serious problem.
at least u have your wife she could help you.
you can go out with her...
do u have any children?

Return to “New Member Introductions”