Nothing you can say

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Undertow

Nothing you can say

Postby Undertow » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:42 pm

Hi,

I've got lots of things that I feel sad about and I can't tell anyone because when i do, they don't know what to say or they say that I'm wrong. For instance, I hate my appearance, and I've tried lots of things to improve it but nothing works (basically I'm hopeless or I can have plastic surgery). People say one of the following "no your not", "looks don't matter", "I think you're pretty". But it's not about whether they think looks matter or whether they think I'm pretty that's the problem, the problem is that I don't think I'm pretty. I can tell people get fed up if I bring it up so I just have to cry privately about it because there isn't anything I can do.

There are other things of course like how socially awkward I am, or my lack of confidence with everything. The fact that I'm scared of everything and might have borderline personality disorder, or that I've had a crush on the same person for 5 years. Who am I kidding? It's been years, he's out of my league, is probably only nice to me because he's a nice person, and I have no dating experience at all.

Yeah so I completely understand if nobody replies because there's nothing you can say. There are no solutions and I don't even know why I've just written all of this.

Undertow

Nzy7482

Re: Nothing you can say

Postby Nzy7482 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 4:35 am

Well I'm sure we are drastically different people. I'm assuming you're a teenager or something. I'm 28. I have struggled with depression, anxiety, and alcoholism for a long time. I'm finally in recovery but it is still extremely difficult.

The problems you are having right now seem infinite but they absolutely are not. Those types of things you think about when you are younger and depressed. You mentioned your looks or your crush or your anxiety. Those things will most likely figure themselves out as you progress in life. Assuming you aren't living in extremely physically terrrible circumstances and are moving forward in general, all that shit will seem silly in a few years. You'll find a guy who thinks you're gorgeous. You'll learn coping skills for your anxiety and fear. You'll have so many new experiences these curremt ones will be nil. I suggest every day you try to move slightly out of your current comfort zone. Talk to someone you normally wouldn't. Be a bit eccentric. Eventually you'll realize people don't hate you and a lot want what's best for you. People are always gonna judge, but you do not have to let that affect you. Because for every person that will judge you another would think you're awesome. I figured that out. Plenty of people think I'm annoying or weird or a dick or something. But plenty more think I'm a cool ass dude and want to get to know me more.

Just move forward. And whatever you do, do not turn to substances to cope. That will destroy every major achievement.

Just remember. People love you. People care. I care, and I don't even know you. I genuinely understand how you feel. And so do a lot of others. Just move on.

-Your friend Nick
Michigan, USA

Return to “New Member Introductions”