Hello from LostCause94

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

LostCause94

Hello from LostCause94

Postby LostCause94 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:53 pm

Good evening.

My name is LostCause94. I am here because I need to be able to talk to someone honestly about how I am feeling and what I am going through with my severe depression and general anxiety disorder. I see a counselor, but there’s something much more comforting about being anonymous and sharing my feelings to the world than sitting in front of someone face to face and sharing these thoughts and feelings.

I hope to make some friends here. Underneath the fear, hopelessness, and chronic fatigue, I am a nice person. :)

JonsDragonEyes

Re: Hello from LostCause94

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:04 am

Welcome to the forum LostCause94

Love and hugs to you always

blessedby4

Postby blessedby4 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 2:58 pm

“Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28, that verse that you post is very comforting...hopefully you have done so…

When I have focused on my troubles, my issues and my difficulties- they only seem to get worse, they become more intensified. If I continue to focus on my difficulties, it soon feels as if I am drowning- I become even more discouraged; I feel even more hopelessness; and even victimized.
I don’t know if you have a faith system, but instead of focusing on my problems, I do what is says in this powerful Bible verse:
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
When I do that, my thoughts which seemed to enslave me, and gave me much grief- soon evaporate. And the hope, the hopefulness - returns.

Someone once wrote: Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

LostCause94

Postby LostCause94 » Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:28 pm

blessedby4 wrote:“Come to me all who are weary, and I will give you rest.” Matthew 11:28, that verse that you post is very comforting...hopefully you have done so…

When I have focused on my troubles, my issues and my difficulties- they only seem to get worse, they become more intensified. If I continue to focus on my difficulties, it soon feels as if I am drowning- I become even more discouraged; I feel even more hopelessness; and even victimized.
I don’t know if you have a faith system, but instead of focusing on my problems, I do what is says in this powerful Bible verse:
Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
When I do that, my thoughts which seemed to enslave me, and gave me much grief- soon evaporate. And the hope, the hopefulness - returns.

Someone once wrote: Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.

Thank you for your encouraging words and advice. Yes, I do have faith in Jesus, he gives me hope when I pray to him every morning in my car heading to work or somewhere else.

Return to “New Member Introductions”