Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Katie7777

New Here

Postby Katie7777 » Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:51 pm

Hi.
I just wanted to introduce myself.
Not sure how this works.
I have been depressed for several years now but the past few months, I have truly been struggling.
I feel as if nobody in my life really cares or understands. I have friends who say they are always there to talk, but that is just lip service. Nobody wants to listen to my bullshit day in and day out. My husband tells me that I have “nothing to be depressed about.” He does not get it at all. Anyway, maybe this board will help. I am so tired of being sad all the time. I am so tired of the self loathing.

littlestarsmum

Re: New Here

Postby littlestarsmum » Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:51 pm

Welcome to this forum, Katie!
I’m so sorry to hear about your struggles. I know it’s not easy to go through depression and not everyone can understand your feelings. I’m glad you’re here, and I appreciate your willingness to share a lil about your story with us. Please know that we all care about you and are here to support you. Are you seeing a therapist/counselor for your depression? It’s a complex issue which deserves personal and in-depth attention. I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His comfort, strength, and peace. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don't need to carry your burdens alone. Take good care of yourself. Sending hugs & prayers your way!

Suzi

Postby Suzi » Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:40 am

Katie7777, welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear about your struggles. I know what you mean that people who have never experienced depression don't understand how consuming it is. That's it's not just a matter of "getting over it" or "stop being sad" or "don't feel sorry for yourself". Depression can be triggered by a lot of different things. It can be physical (thyroid or hormonal). I know mine got really bad as I entered into premenopause. It can be caused by stress, trauma, life changes, etc., etc. They say the first step on the road to recovery is to admit you have a problem. Recognizing that you are depressed and that you don't want to feel this way is a big first step. Have you tried to figure out what causes your depression? I have read so many good books on the topic (Change Your Brain Change Your Life by D. Amen; Happiness is a Choice by F. Minirth to name a few). I also have listened to a counseling radio call in program (New Life Clinic). I hope that you are able to find encouragement here. I can tell you that there is light at the end of the tunnel.

toddwoods

Postby toddwoods » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:20 pm

Hi Katie. I've just found this site, and your post was the first one I saw here. I just wanted to say that I've felt a little less lonely. I feel just like you. Let's help each other.

gjetson33

Postby gjetson33 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:23 am

I am glad that you are here reaching out for some help. Depression can be hard for others to understand if they have not experienced it. Have you reached out to a doctor, or spiritual counsel? what makes it better or worse? The good thing about depression is that it can be overcome. This is a good start toward your victory.

Suzi

Postby Suzi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:27 am

@katie7777, how are you doing?

doylenateur

Postby doylenateur » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:04 pm

Nice to meet you. I am very new here. Looking through this site I have no idea how to post something new. What am I missing?

DiegoArgentina92

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:08 pm

Hi Katie, sorry to tell you, but not just in this forum, and ever ive been trying, its pretty stressing and tiredsome, cause just few people reply, and sometimes they just reply 1 time and then dont anynore, and things like that, and chatrooms are useles, no one wants to chat, and you have to find normal people who wants to chat, its a mess...

But, maybe fbook groups, ive found lot of fbook groups about depression, anxiety, and etc, good luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”