Hello, (has ECT helped?)

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Kiwigirl

Hello, (has ECT helped?)

Postby Kiwigirl » Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:40 pm

I have suffered from major depression for 30 years. For the last three years I have been medication resistant. I used Wellbutrin XL for so long and it use to work well. I would still get depressed, but nothing like I have experienced lately. I wake up every day with the thought of suicide. I don't want to exist! I don't have a purpose, everything is so boring, things that I use to love to do I have no interest in. They are now trying Fetzima for me. I've been taking it for about a month now and haven't noticed much improvement. I'd love to hear from anyone that has experience using this drug.

I tried TMS (transcranial magnetic stimulation). I had 40 treatments, 40 minutes each without any results. So now I'm looking into ECT. Has anyone had these treatments and have had good results. I am really scared. They are telling me that it will not affect my memory if they only do it on the right side of my brain. I really don't want to lose my memory.

The other issue I struggle with is my health. I have a severe digestive disorder that is untreatable. If there is anyone out there that suffers with gastroparethis and has some ideas on how to live with it, I would love to hear from you! Thanks!

Return to “New Member Introductions”