Hi.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

AyaLynn

Hi.

Postby AyaLynn » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:06 pm

I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've deleted this post about 7 times before actually posting it. Just because I don't know how to approach something like this. I just hope that maybe there really are people out there who are like me and can help me heal myself because I just can't do this by myself anymore.

Well maybe not like me. I wouldn't wish my life on anyone. And thats the thing my life isn't all that bad but I make it bad. I just can't stop feeling how I feel so constantly and I'm so tired of it, I'm so over it.

I'm so stuck.

And I am so sorry for being vague but like.. with everything I feel, if I were to put it into words... there is nothing darker. And I dont want to scare anyone, and writing it down only gives it power but I think maybe I have to.

I've been battling depression and anxiety (the only ones I know for sure I have, with sub-conditions tritchotillomaina and dermatillomania) since I was I elementary school, at least that's when I started showing symptoms. I'm 23 now. It's been a long ride.

I never wanted to be on meds because I didn't like the side effects of all the ones I know of, and anyone I've witnessed on them was so different and like.. not good different. And I DO NOT trust therapists. I have my own reasons but that's a post for another time...

Anyways, I'm rambling now. So.. hi, I'm sorry you're here and I'm sorry I am too. But maybe this will help. Im willing to try. I'm going to make an honest effort to reach out and to better myself.

-Aya

DiegoArgentina92

Re: Hi.

Postby DiegoArgentina92 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Hi, dont know how bad are you doing, but hope you feel good this next days.

Forums are good to talk about this things, to relief a bit, just write some things.

Do you know the chatroom of this site ? Its good, talk with people, start talking, and talk about.

You said that you "dont trust" therapist, dont know in what way, but, if you find a good one could be good for you, if you think that can help you. Im ex psychology student (didnt finish the career), are good therapist, and are bads, its a shame, but its the true, but, if you think talk with someone can help you, you can go and try, having a good eye to see if the therapist you are visiting is a person with what you can talk or not. Give it a try maybe. Therapy isnt misterious, at some point therapy is just go and talk with another person, therapy can help, but at some point, therapy is just a person to talk with, problems doesnt dessapear talking with a therapist, is more for urges, and some kind of particular issues, then is just another person to talk.

Ive been learning to distract myself with forums like this, just reading posts of people, and then replying. Its good, its like talk, helps to do something. Dont know if I can recommend other sites and groups (its agains a rule ?). Well, try to do fine, good luck, try to rest well.

thereisalwayshope

Postby thereisalwayshope » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:06 am

Hello Aya,

I am so sorry to hear that you are going through a tough situation like this. I might not know exactly how you feel right now, but I have been in some situations that have left me so dry and feeling numb, like almost wanting to throw in the towel and not have to wake up.

BUT, Aya always remember that there is a bright side to every situation. That is just simply how the world works! Think about it, the earth is even made up of darkness- and light! So yes, no matter what you are going through or who you are, think about the positive beautiful qualities you posses, shurely you must have one! The fact you erased your discussion and wrote it again and are here to get help shows the desire that you have to get better, and that is so nice to see!

BUT Aya, most important than anyone in this forum or world, remember that the number one person who TRULY cares about you is God.
Psalm 34:18 says,
" Jehovah is close to the brokenhearted;
He saves those who are crushed in spirit."

Notice how valuable you are in Gods- Jehovah’s eyes. Jehovah truly cares about you and loves those who are “broken at heart” and “crushed in spirit.” Now having knowledge of this made me feel like a million bucks. I though to myself how can the magnificent Creator take note of me? And most importantly care about me a "lowly one"?! But it is true, in the Bible we read about his great love for his creation. And with out a doubt I am his creation and when I hurt he hurts too! how Loving! But after realizing this I wanted to get closer to this Creator who takes notice of me....but how can I do this? throught the Bible!
Can the Bible Help Me if I’m Depressed?

Yes, because the best help comes from “God, Who comforts and encourages and refreshes and cheers the depressed.”—2 Corinthians 7:6,

Please feel free to visit the website>> Jw.org there is a free online Bible, in many languages. on the upper tab click(Look under BIBLE TEACHINGS > BIBLE QUESTIONS ANSWERED)
there you will find more info under>> Can the Bible Help Me if I’m Depressed?
Aya, I Promise this will be something worth wild to look at. SOMEONE IS OUT THERE WHO CARES FOR YOU, FOR ME, FOR THOSE WHO ARE FILLED WITH SADDNESS....lets get to know who he is and find out how he can help us. I hope you truly ae able to benefit from Gods word <3

Sincerely,
KR

MrsMinx

Postby MrsMinx » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:32 pm

Hi Aya,

I imagine you're feeling overwhelmed but it's good that you reached out to share. That's a wonderful positive! Talking does help. It shares a burden which then makes it a bit easier to carry. So I encourage you to find someone that you can talk to. You'll find that each time you'll go a bit deeper until you finally reach the Rock where you can plant your feet- solidly!
I also encourage you to pray. In ways that you may not always understand, reaching out for a higher power-God to help, teaches us that we need help because we're fragile & simply can't do it alone.
God Bless

GraceH

Postby GraceH » Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:56 pm

AyaLynn wrote:I don't really know what I'm looking for. I've deleted this post about 7 times before actually posting it. Just because I don't know how to approach something like this. I just hope that maybe there really are people out there who are like me and can help me heal myself because I just can't do this by myself anymore.

Well maybe not like me. I wouldn't wish my life on anyone. And thats the thing my life isn't all that bad but I make it bad. I just can't stop feeling how I feel so constantly and I'm so tired of it, I'm so over it.

I'm so stuck.

And I am so sorry for being vague but like.. with everything I feel, if I were to put it into words... there is nothing darker. And I dont want to scare anyone, and writing it down only gives it power but I think maybe I have to.

I've been battling depression and anxiety (the only ones I know for sure I have, with sub-conditions tritchotillomaina and dermatillomania) since I was I elementary school, at least that's when I started showing symptoms. I'm 23 now. It's been a long ride.

I never wanted to be on meds because I didn't like the side effects of all the ones I know of, and anyone I've witnessed on them was so different and like.. not good different. And I DO NOT trust therapists. I have my own reasons but that's a post for another time...

Anyways, I'm rambling now. So.. hi, I'm sorry you're here and I'm sorry I am too. But maybe this will help. Im willing to try. I'm going to make an honest effort to reach out and to better myself.

-Aya

Hi Aya,
How are you doing today?
Peace,
Grace

Spleefy

Postby Spleefy » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:26 am

Hi AyaLynn,

Thank you for reaching out -- it's the first step we must all take on the road to healing.

Some people find that writing down their feelings helps them through what they are feeling and experiencing. Writing can also, at times, give you some clarity. Talking is the same -- talking through our feelings is much better than bottling it up. It only becomes toxic when we obsess about depression and the associated negative and self-limiting thoughts. Of course, it's not easy to not obsess about depression because it consumes you and it's virtually impossible to think or feel any different. That's how powerful depression is.

But you are definitely not alone, Aya. Thank you for reaching out. You've made the step in the right direction. Just keep reaching out and take one day at a time. Also, try to do as much as you can for yourself as well. At the end of the day, we can only get through depression ourselves because it's a personal journey. However, a good support, support being the key word, will help to give us the strength, motivation, and access to resources that will help us on this personal journey.

Please keep us updated and keep strong! You are not alone. You know, I was so happy to see you say, "I'm willing to try. I'm going to make an honest effort to reach out and to better myself". This is the attitude that WILL help you through depression. Just hold on to that attitude and the dots will slowly but surely join.

@thereisalwayshope. KR, thank you for mentioning Jehovah. Yes, spiritual guidance and healing can have a profound impact on our mental and physical health. Your post was comforting and very reassuring. I, myself, do go to the JW website for some guidance and comfort. Jehova wants us to throw our burden onto him. Faith is very powerful in that it can be everlasting. It's easy to stop believing in ourselves or in anything, especially since seeing is believing. However, with faith we do not need to see to believe... it is something that is in your heart. And you can get this by leaning on a spiritual entity, such as Jehovah.

Spleefy

Return to “New Member Introductions”