Depressed I can't do things I once could.

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Dad

Depressed I can't do things I once could.

Postby Dad » Mon Jul 17, 2017 1:09 pm

A year ago I was in a coma for two months. When I got out of the hospital I could only walk using a walker. I have been to PT no help, I saw a neurologist and everything came back normal. I have always been very active and worked on cars and stuff. Now that I am tied to the walker I can no longer do the things I used to be able to do, little things like taking the rollout trash can to the street, things like that it has really put me in a funk. I am currently in counseling and my doctor has put me on an anti depressant. But the drug takes about 2 weeks to fully kick in. any one have the same kind of problem?

cmishima

Re: Depressed I can't do things I once could.

Postby cmishima » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:39 am

Hi. I don't have a similar problem as you do, but just wanted to say hi and I am sorry to hear that you are frustrated with the change in your physical condition including your depression. It may not be the same, but I used to be really hardworking and active at work before my depression was fully grown-up in my life :) I was selected as a summer intern this year and worked at office for a while, but my anxiety was really high and intense when I was at work and I just quit. I thought this may be a bit similar to your situation since I can't do what I was able to do in the past now. But I wasn't bummed out at all because I don't think that my depression limits my ability to do something. How I do and what way is gentle to my depression are different from others, but doing things differently doesn't mean I have limited abilities. I just feel like, it could be, you are frustrated not because of your physical condition but the way you think about your condition like your condition limits your life? And you are depressed because you believe your limits can change something important in your life? I can't advise you anything, but I can advise you about depression because I have one, too. If you believe depression will limit your life, your depression is not gonna be healed. I am sorry if the way I tell you things like this is not appropriate or makes you mad, but I really wish you feel better. I can't imagine how frustrating and how much it saddens you.. Please take care of yourself :(

Dad

Re: Depressed I can't do things I once could.

Postby Dad » Sun Jul 23, 2017 8:01 am

Thanks for the support. The drug is kicking in and things are looking up. Good luck to you with your struggle.

Return to “New Member Introductions”