Trying something different maybe this helps me

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Ch3mical88

Trying something different maybe this helps me

Postby Ch3mical88 » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:37 pm

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to say something here for the first times as no one seems to understand what I'm going through and maybe this will help me out.

I've been diagnosed with depression and anxiety since my early teens.. but managed to win and came out but now I'm 29 and it's back with a vengeance. It's worse, I can't even speak to someone without trying to think of what they are thinking and feeling my heart missing beats. I love being alone. No one around me understands what it's like to wake up in the morning and immediately feel sad, tired, painful and hopeless.

My therapist and doctor think I'm doing better with medicine but the truth is I feel that it's only "slowing" my emotions down and destroying me.

littlestarsmum

Re: Trying something different maybe this helps me

Postby littlestarsmum » Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:27 pm

I’m sorry to hear what you’re going through, friend. I so appreciate your willingness to share about your struggles. Life can be stressful and overwhelming at times. It’s good you’re seeing a therapist. Do you have a support group nearby where you can connect with people regularly? I just said a prayer for you, and I hope that God will surround you with His healing presence and provide the help you need at this time. Please know that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. You can always share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Sending hugs & prayers to you!

Ch3mical88

Postby Ch3mical88 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:23 am

Didn't think I'd get a reply here. Thanks for your kind words. Unfortunatly my situation gets worse since everyone looks at me as being too controling and easily offended and since I've started therapy and was told to let go of my control I immediatly stoped and tryed "not to care" like some ocd. But the problem is that other people are over controling and that resulted in me being in this situation and speaking about it was told that you cant change how people are born. Then I get furiouse as why do I having to take those pills everyday to try and change who I am?

cmishima

Postby cmishima » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:52 am

Hi there!
I love being alone too especially when I go to beaches and trails.
Many activities in life like traveling, shopping, sleeping, chilling at home etc I prefer being by myself so
I can do things the way I like and I don't worry about anyone knowing how lazy I am lol : /
If you are comfortable with that, I think that's okay.

Such lifestyle may be seen as a personality disorder if it significantly limits a person's ability to interact with others
but you sound like very normal.. I hear you people can be really insensitive or less sensitive than yourself and that
doesn't help you wanting to be around people. If that's seen as controlling and easily offended character,
don't listen to that : ( No one has a right to tell you to be insensitive.
If I were you, I would enjoy my time by myself and feel better, and if I feel I want to be around people,
I will. At this point, if you like to spend time by yourself, why not? and just talk to people here whenever you want : )

Return to “New Member Introductions”