Help Me

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

MiaLawendorff

Help Me

Postby MiaLawendorff » Fri May 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Hi,
This is the first time I've ever written a post in a forum.
A little introduction: I've been suffering from depression for four years now, although due to some situations, it have become much worse in this last year. In summary, I want to die and I've actually already planned my suicide (just going to mix a bunch of meds, with some alcohol, coffe and energy drinks. Honestly, whatever I can find in my house), and it's going to be in 36/37 days, 24/25 of June. Why wait that long, you may ask. Well, that's the point of this post. Suicide it's one of the few choices in life that you can't go back and do things different because, well, you're dead. That's why, before doing it, I need to know that I did everything I could to revert my situation. I visit my psychologist once a week, so that's already something that I'm doing.
I don't think I actually want to die. I just want to stop suffering, and dying seems sometimes the only way to stop it. So please, if you have any advices, help me.
Thank you for your consideration.

MickD

Re: Help Me

Postby MickD » Sun May 21, 2017 12:24 pm

Hello welcome to the forums!

Thanks for reaching out!
Ive battled on and off with depression for over a decade and my biggest obstacle was opening up about how feeling and admitting its a bit more than feeling down.
Id like to think life does get better though and talking to people should be a start of it.

What is it thats making you feel down

littlestarsmum

Postby littlestarsmum » Mon May 22, 2017 6:26 am

Welcome aboard, friend. I’m so sorry to hear what you’re going through. You don’t need to be hard on yourself. Your life is precious and no situation is hopeless. Putting an end to your life will never solve your problems. Such a decision would be tragic beyond words. Have you tried contacting the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline? They operate toll-free, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Just call 1-800-273-TALK (8255). It might be worth giving them a call. Remember that you deserve to feel better and you don’t need to carry your burdens alone. I know it’s not easy, but I do believe there is hope for a bright future. You can always share your heart out and I’m here to support you. Hugs!

sugarcane

Postby sugarcane » Mon May 22, 2017 4:59 pm

Hi, could you please elaborate and explain what kind of situations made you depressed at first place ? You need to deal with the depressive circumstances and make peace with it in order to move forward. Get away from the abusers or explain to them what they are doing is illegal and wrong, you need to scare them away or get help with police if need be.
Get your protection, defense and safety first. Thrn slowly try to get involved in new things that truly make you happy

thephoenix

Postby thephoenix » Mon May 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi

This is my first post here too. And when I read your post I knew exactly what you mean and how you feel. To be honest I don't know how long I have been depressed, I just know that no matter how hard I try to make things better they always end up worse than before. The few moments I've felt better, like things might actually be getting better, something always happens to make them worse.
And I know what you mean when you say, dying seems like the only way to stop the suffering and pain. I wish there was something worth sticking around for at least then the pain wouldn't be so hard to deal with.
I don't know what to do either, but I can say you're not alone in how you feel. I hope posting here will help.

JonsDragonEyes

Postby JonsDragonEyes » Tue May 23, 2017 12:58 am

Nothing in the whole entire world hurts more than to believe that dying is the only option out of something. Believe me I have been there. But always remember this depression is a liar. It lies to you and tells you that there is no other option.

the fact that you came here and have the " help me " in your tittle of your post tells me everything right there. And you know in your heart you don't truly want to die.

I want you to do something for me please. I want you to go on YouTube and look up this song. Turn up the volume , close your eyes and listen very carefully to the words and the message. It is a very powerful song. Listen to it with your heart and listen to it from the place inside of you that brought you here wanting help.

It's by someone named Daphne Willis and it's called Somebody's Someone

It's a song dedicated to any person out there that is struggling in life. Anything from addiction to depression to anxiety , and also suicide.

Take Care Always , love and hugs to you

Star

Return to “New Member Introductions”