Bipolar depression and anger

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Myocatt2013

Bipolar depression and anger

Postby Myocatt2013 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 4:59 pm

I live in Costa Rica but am American. I am going through the beginnings of a divorce and am trying to sell my house.i am bipolar. I was going off strong pain medicine for my shoulder three years ago, through a very good doctor here. My husband found me passed out in bed, in urine, he mentions that whenever he can. I remember nothing of going to the local hospital. I was sent to the national psychiatric and neurological hospital in the capital. It was like a prison in a third world country. Iron beds, compulsory cold showers at 6 am., no pillows, no towels, people used sheets. I spoke little Spanish and was isolated in this way for a month. It was beginning Holy Week. I would only see the psychiatrist about 29 minutes and not for 10 days because of the holiday. Most of the women were much younger than I. I am 65. It was hell on earth. I am better now, but my husband and I are split up which is good. I have insufficient mood stabilizers, and no recourse to a psychiatrist, I do have have a private doctor who is quite familiar with psychiatric conditions and medicines. I am by myself in a house most all the time, except for my cats and night. I get very upset at night, scream at my pets sometime, whom I love. I have to leave the country. My husband would put me back in the hospital if he could. I am trapped. Just needed to get it out

Return to “New Member Introductions”