Good Day, Everyone

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Vileblood_Ryan

Good Day, Everyone

Postby Vileblood_Ryan » Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Hello everyone. My name is Ryan and I suffer from Bipolar Disorder, Anxiety, and, to put the cherry on top, Apiphobia. I'm currently nearing the end of my senior year in high school and making plans for the future. As of right now, I'm aiming to become an artist and I'm planning on attending Illinois Valley Community College in the Fall. I started having problems with depression by the time I was 16 years old, but they didn't really come to a head until this year. Several months back I found out my grandfather had suffered from Bipolar Disorder, and, well, the rest is history. So now, I'm just living my life trying to cope with all of these problems. For me personally, I play video games, occasionally draw, and listen to music to try to get my mind off of everything. It also helps me deal with the stress I face on a daily basis due to taking advanced dual credit classes. I look forward to talking with all of you and sharing experiences with everyone here. Have a good one.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Good Day, Everyone

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:05 am

Hi Ryan, welcome to the forums.

You seem to be having a difficult time in your life. There's alot you are going through and had go deal with.

You mentioned a few things like suffering with BPD, Anxiety and Apiphobia. I'm not sure what Apiphobia is? Is that sort of like Anxiety? Sorry I've never heard of it.

All these I'm sure must be unpleasant to go through. They all have there different ways of going about things. I know it doesn't make it any easier for you. Have you looked online to find out more about these conditions and any support they can offer with this?

I don't know if this is right or not but when you said about your grandad suffering with BPD. Do you think it could of been genetic? I know having an illness and can be passed down to you in the family in some cases. Have you tried to find out more about whether any members of your other family had this too?

Also your not alone with this remember. I'm glad to hear you occupy yourself with others things and don't let this effect your way of life. Again I don't know whether you have had any support with this in the past and whether it's helped. I think it's good your doing things you like. Have you thought about attending anything like support groups? Those who are going through the same things? That maybe good for you cuz you seem like a sociable person. Maybe your get to know new people and make some new friends. I know it maybe an anxiety thing that you can't but there are different support groups out there like in person, online or by taking up a favorite activity as your doing so something.

I do hope you can get control over this. Please remember to keep reaching out.

Vileblood_Ryan

Postby Vileblood_Ryan » Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:18 am

First of all, thank you for the warm welcome.

Second, Apiphobia is actually a fear of bees, hornets, wasps, and any insect that swarms and stings. Normally it's generalized towards just bees, but fear of other stinging insects are usually grouped under this fear too.

To answer your other questions, yes, I've looked online to learn more on all of this to learn about how to cope with it. I do believe my BPD is genetic. There may have been others on my mom's side who had the illness, but I'm not sure about my dad's side. I haven't really considered joining any support groups yet, but I have joined a couple online communities of people with similar interests that struggle with mental illness.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:35 pm

Funnily enough I've got the same phobia. I hate bees and wasps and have to go out the room if any come around. I know how you feel. I get so scared from them.

Yeah you said something about it being genetic and thought you may of got it passed down to your grandad. Is he still alive? Does he know you suffer from it?

You spoken to your family about it that's good. They said it was on your mums side but not your dads. Ok. Atleast you know and if it is a genetic thing then that's why.

The support groups are really helpful I reckon. I've been in support groups and they really do help. You don't feel so alone and people know what your going through. Also advice on how they cope with it gave me the tools to do it myself.

Hopefully they can help you too.

Return to “New Member Introductions”