Hey peeps

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Here2help&gethelp

Hey peeps

Postby Here2help&gethelp » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:40 am

Ah, I'm 36 , I was very depressed and started taking tons of sleeping tablets, I ended up in hospital with psychosis and the doctors diagnosed me with paranoid schizophrenia. That really made my anxiety and depression so much worse. Believing I had schizophrenia and that I'd never get better, or be self sufficient and finding out my partner had an affair I tried to kill myself. Ended up in hospital again, homeless, my ex made up a lot of lies about me but a major positive is that I found out it was a drug induced psychosis (temporary) and that my partner is a bad person so I can move on emotionally quite easily. However, I now live with a parent that is extremely moody and hard to get along with and am probably going to be homeless again soon. My kids live far away. I need to find work but after being unable to rely on my own perception and feeling useless for so long on top of being majorly depressed and suffering severe anxiety I'm struggling to keep on going. I'm very lonely and I don't feel like there's anywhere I belong or that anyone really wants me around. Yeah anyway, hi everyone ! :-)

Helloraspberries1

Re: Hey peeps

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:22 pm

Hi there and welcome to the forums.

I can see depression has made such a big impact on your life. I believe you haven't had it easy and I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.

Do you think your Depression is getting worse in a sense that your not able to cope anymore? For going for so long with this condition it's hard to know what to do. Have you tried any exercises or techniques to do?

I feel if you haven't had any support from health professionals then I suggest to go back and see them and tell them what you told us.

Maybe talking to a therapist might help you to get things of your chest. Is that something you can do?

Despite what's happening right now you have made the right decisions best on your life choices and everythough things are tough things will start to improve soon.

I'm glad you have found this place and if you still feel you need support then your always welcome here.

Hope that helps.

Here2help&gethelp

Postby Here2help&gethelp » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:58 am

Helloraspberries1 wrote:Hi there and welcome to the forums.

I can see depression has made such a big impact on your life. I believe you haven't had it easy and I'm sorry to hear what you are going through.

Do you think your Depression is getting worse in a sense that your not able to cope anymore? For going for so long with this condition it's hard to know what to do. Have you tried any exercises or techniques to do?

I feel if you haven't had any support from health professionals then I suggest to go back and see them and tell them what you told us.

Maybe talking to a therapist might help you to get things of your chest. Is that something you can do?

Despite what's happening right now you have made the right decisions best on your life choices and everythough things are tough things will start to improve soon.

I'm glad you have found this place and if you still feel you need support then your always welcome here.

Hope that helps.

Hi, thank you and thanks for your reply.
I am currently seeing a psychologist but I find that bringing up all the bad stuff really doesn't help (it only makes me hurt over old wounds all over again) but you have encouraged me to look into cognitive behavior therapy, I think that could maybe help. I have found meditation to be spiritually healing. I am taking prescribed antidepressants they have helped but I seem to have extreme down periods still. I have never truly valued myself as I had a very tough childhood. If I've learnt anything from this it is that nobody is perfect, everyone feels inadequate at least some of the time and I am responsible for my own happiness. Instead of hating myself I have to try to love myself. It's not enough to try to be everything for everyone else and neglect yourself, If I want to be the best person I can be and help others as I wish to I must care for myself also. We all need a bit of self love but it is quite difficult to retrain our inner voices :) .
Thank you for your kind words and I wish you happiness.

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:28 pm

I'm glad you have found my advice helpful. For you to considering counselling is a big step. When you seeing them?

As you just said you got to try and think of all the good things what's happening. We always do surround ourselves with negative thoughts. Your start loving yourself more.

Your doing all the right things so keep going with that and I'm glad to hear your ok :)

Please keep reaching out to us :)

Here2help&gethelp

Postby Here2help&gethelp » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:51 pm

Thanks, yeah I'm doing the therapy thing already but it's not for me :) . But I will look into the cbt thing. I also hope you're doing well and I appreciate your concern and reaching out to people on here. I read something about people that are more sensitive and empathetic souls are more likely to suffer from anxiety and depression, probably because this world is pretty harsh, but I find the people I've met that also have these symptoms are easier to get along with and nicer. Just wanted to let you know I think you're helping a lot of people and that is a very honorable attribute. Well wishes

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:14 am

I'm glad to hear something will help you along your journey to overcome depression. We all have to go through things which may or may not work but it's finding what will work.

It sounds to me that you got everything sorted. Hopefully the CBT does work out for you. It seems like the CBT might do you some good as that's what you feel could work for you.

Please let us know how it goes and what it's like so that other people can see whether it will work for them. I wasn't sure if you said you were on medication or not? If so is that for depression? It is just depression you suffer from?

I saw your link you sent on here. I was reading about it yesterday and it's got some good advice. By thinking about that now it maybe you said to me you got anxiety too.

I know Anxiety and Depression are both two different things. It's important to see doctor if your suffering with worse symptoms for wear.

Good Luck with your CBT and look forward to hearing from you and thanks for the appreciation :)

Return to “New Member Introductions”