Hi

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, Astrid

Lee249

Hi

Postby Lee249 » Sat Apr 08, 2017 7:36 am

Hi everyone,

Name is Lee. I've been suffering from depression for years (this is hard, bare with me) I weeks where everything is ok and then i choose not to get out of bed.

I have a "disease" aka hereditary skin condition called psoriasis and it's ruined my life basically. I carry on each day because i have no choice. I apply creams and administer methotrexate orally weekly and because of the stress of life its become harder to manage. I give so much and nobody cares - sorry this taking so long. Simply getting on with it is not an option anymore :( on top of that i have private msgs as long as my arm! Wish i was dead. Yup, i'm suffering. Can't take any more. Sorry for say too much. Just gotta let it out. Lee

Lee249

Re: Hi

Postby Lee249 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:08 pm

It would be great to confide in others who are going through a difficult time like me. I find it hard opening up to family and friends about my situation :cry:

Here2help&gethelp

Postby Here2help&gethelp » Mon Apr 10, 2017 6:07 am

Hi Lee, I'm sorry to hear that things have been really tough for you. If you'd like to talk, I offer you my ear. Mike :)

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:01 pm

Hi Lee, welcome to the forums. Nice to meet you.

I'm sorry that you have been suffering for so long. I can see you have tried doing everything you can but there's just been no luck.

I can imagine this must be very difficult for you right now. I know you sat some days you can't get out of bed because of the depression. I know that is a common symptom. When you do get out of bed what do you usually do? Are you able to get washed, eat or make a drink?

If you feel that you skin condition is getting worse then maybe getting a home appointment is the best option for you or if you do go out then see doctor at the surgery. It will be one less thing to think about. Also I don't know if you take any sort of medication for your depression but do you think you could benefit on getting your medication increased or changed?

I do feel for you. I really do. I know what depression is like. I hope you can find the support you need through your GP.

Please keep in touch to tell us how its going.

X

Helloraspberries1

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 2:05 pm

I'm sorry I can't help anymore then I could. As we are not qualified Doctors we can only advice on what's best in terms of seeking help and getting the full support you need.

Take Care

Helloraspberries

Return to “New Member Introductions”