Checking in

Introductions and welcomes.

Moderators: windsong, BlueGobi, Moderators, vince13, Maelstrom, Astrid

Waffles0414

Checking in

Postby Waffles0414 » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:38 pm

I've struggled with depression for years. I've been doing fairly well recently, and with the assistance of my doctor am decreasing my dose of anti-depressants (Buproprion), also changed from SR to XL. First week was amazing, I felt super positive and active. Week 2 my emotions were up and down, very irritable. I'm on week 3 now, starting to feel very low, my confidence seems to be slipping. It's as if I can fake it better than I used to, but the inner voice of self-doubt and hate is just getting louder.

I've been making sure i'm still exercising but it hasn't been as frequent. I'm already set up to see a counselor too.

Helloraspberries1

Re: Checking in

Postby Helloraspberries1 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 3:03 pm

Hi there, that's good to know that your doctor thinks your doing enough to decrease your medication. That's really good news.

You seem to be having a few doubts but there's nothing out the ordinary. I can see how you must feel when your in that situation but it's a good thing not bad.

You said you doctor decreased your medication. How long ago was that? Did they say how you need to be on it untill you have another check up?

It seems like it's early days yet. I'm not sure what the doctor said about the type of medication your on but with all medications it takes time to have the best effects. I'm not sure if your doctor said you can feel worse before getting better so if that's the case then you should deffo stick to what your doctor told you.

Otherwise anything else like your feeling more depressed then usual or want to self harm them seek medical attention.

Please keep reaching out on here and good luck.

Return to “New Member Introductions”